41.94%
    Pro Choice in most circumstances
    31.34%
    Pro Life in all circumstances
    6.45%
    Pro Life in most circumstances
    20.28%

ReputationRep:
    On the issue of abortion are you pro-life or pro-choice?

Personally I think that abortion should illegal in most circumstances and that those who commit an unjustified abortion should get the death penalty for being sick infanticidal maniacs.

What's your opinion?

EDIT: Just to clarify:

Pro Choice in all circumstances (the 1st option) includes late term abortions etc.
    Pro Choice in most circumstances (the 2nd option) means that there are term limits and maybe other restrictions.
    Pro Life in all circumstances (the 3rd option) means that abortion is only allowed of the women's life is in danger.
    Pro Life in most circumstances (the 4th option) means that abortion in cases of rape or incest etc. are allowed.

ReputationRep:
    It's the woman's body so I think you should let her decide.

The option should be there for those who wish to take this course of action.

I think an abortion is like an elaborate condom.

ReputationRep:
    Law's fine as it is. Should only be used as a last resort though; everything possible should be done to avoid the circumstance.

ReputationRep:
    Up to the women, proper consultation with a doctor should be compulsary though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Scott)
    Personally I think that abortion should illegal in most circumstances and that those who commit an unjustified abortion should get the death penalty for being sick infanticidal maniacs.
    A doctor is a maniac?

Abortion is not "killing babies". Most often it's removing a blastocyst. And, if we're keeping a tally mark, I think mother nature is by far the worst "offender" of abortion.

And whatever happened to the situations where it's the less painful thing to do, the more loving, the less "bad" thing to merely abort?

And why on earth would terminating a blastocyst demand the death penalty? I think killing a human being is a "sick maniacal" thing to do.

Don't bother quoting, I'm not going to reply.

ReputationRep:
    I don’ think it should be illegal but i personally wouldn’t have one!!

It’s up to the people concerned really.. whatever’s best for them. I think if you've had one once then there shouldn’t be the option of having another ... that way it can’t be used as a form of contraception. Although there are circumstances where people feel they need to have one i.e. rape so i guess it’s not for me to judge.

I do think people should give valid reasons as to why there using that option but i think two doctors have to approve it so that sorts that out? Or i may be wrong??

ReputationRep:
    Totally pro-choice. I cant wait to see what utter rubbish the militant pro-lifers come up with - "OMG MURDER!!!!!!11!1!11!!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    I think an abortion is like an elaborate condom.

Haha! Condoms are a bit less emotionally and physically straining though!

I'm pro-choice myself, in all circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Law's fine as it is. Should only be used as a last resort though; everything possible should be done to avoid the circumstance.
    Exactly this :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Pro-choice.

ReputationRep:
    Pro choice in all circumstances. S'my body.

ReputationRep:
    I kinda selected what I want for myself. I picked Pro-Life in most circumstances because I would NEVER have an abortion, but don't think it's any of my business what other women do to their unborn children.

So maybe I should have picked Pro-choice? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    That includes late term abortions, you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    What if it's s'my baby?

ReputationRep:
    Pro choice. I really hate it when pro-lifers come up with the "oh, you should put it up for adoption" crap. As if the care system isn't falling apart at the seams as it is. Part of the reason for the abortion may be that the woman may not want to be pregnant at all. Forcing a woman through an abortion only to take her baby away at the end of it all is horrible if that's what she expressly wants to avoid.

Also, the term 'pro-choice' does not simply mean "I agree with abortion. Kill all babies". If a woman wanted to keep her baby even though her family were pressuring her into an abortion, I think she should have the first and last say.

Rant over. These threads never go anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Pro-choice, always.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    What if it's s'my baby?
    then you carry it in your uterus.

ReputationRep:
    Crud, I voted wrong. Well one option has one more vote than it should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Scott)
    On the issue of abortion are you pro-life or pro-choice?

Lol at the irony

Pro lifers murdering people

Awesome

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.