Pro Life in all circumstances
    6.45%
    Pro Life in most circumstances
    20.28%

ReputationRep:
    liberté de choisir

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Scott)
    That includes late term abortions, you know?
    Oh right, I didn't read it properly. Almost all, then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    then you carry it in your uterus.
    Then you pay for it when its born, and for the rest of its life? Or don't get pregnant in the first place? MMMMM having your cake and eating it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy the Anarchist)
    Lol at the irony

Pro lifers murdering people

Awesome
    Well then soldiers should be all killed straightaway then...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Then you pay for it when its born, and for the rest of its life? Or don't get pregnant in the first place? MMMMM having your cake and eating it.
    I'm giving you the kid :p:

ReputationRep:
    On the issue of abortion are you pro-life or pro-choice?

Personally I think that abortion should illegal in most circumstances and that those who commit an unjustified abortion should get the death penalty for being sick infanticidal maniacs.

What's your opinion?
    I love it how it's a male making the point of abortion. Because you know, he'll carry the baby and all :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the irony

Pro lifers murdering people

Awesome
    Murder is about innocent life, not of those who are guilty. What a ridiculous comment.

(Original post by emmie19)
    I love it how it's a male making the point of abortion. Because you know, he'll carry the baby and all :rolleyes:
    If you don't want to have to face the resposability of having a baby, then don't have sex.

ReputationRep:
    Well then soldiers should be all killed straightaway then...:p:
    Personally, I'm a pacifist, and because I don't consider the state to be morally justifiable anyway (mostly due to the failure of social contract theory) I draw no distinction between soldiers and hired murderers. Moral imperatives are binding on people at all times, the fact that you murder people in the name of a state does not alter the fact that you are a murderer.

This comment is equally applicable to state sanctioned executions, incidentally.

ReputationRep:
    That includes late term abortions, you know?
    We need late term abortions for several reasons. What if you're a 15 year old girl or even younger and you regularly miss periods, as teenagers do. So you don't really notice you are pregnant for 2 or even 3 months. Then, you're ******** yourself that you might be pregnant. So you ignore it, thinking it can't be true. Would you say that this girl doesn't deserve an abortion?

ReputationRep:
    I voted Pro-choice in all circumstances. I think it's better to let the woman choose what's best for her/her circumstances. Especially if, there was a failed contraceptive or something. Nobody can really be blamed in that circumstance, and if she thinks she won't be able to take care of it at that point, then ... I think it's better not to 'be' at all. There are already too many children in this country, living in poverty or with nobody to love them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm giving you the kid
    If my girlfriend got pregnant and didn't want it I would be more than happy to take it, rather than it getting killed.

ReputationRep:
    if sum1 gets in the situation where they get pregnant then they should live with the consequences...

but rape, incest, life threatening conditions should justify an abortion if it is the decision of girl. I also feel the farther should get a say in not having an abortion but the mother is always gonna get the last say so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Having your cake and eating it, is that what you call it? Trust me, I would LOVE it if I could shift the baby out of my uterus and into yours. I would hate to have an abortion. The thought of it makes me feel sick. It would be a terrible decision to have to make, I'm sure you agree. This isn't me 'gloating' at the fact that I have the right to kill babies and there's nothing I can do about it. This is a biological fact that it's women whose bodies are hijacked by pregnancy, therefore it's them who have the right to choose an abortion. I would much, much rather this wasn't the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    We need late term abortions for several reasons. What if you're a 15 year old girl or even younger and you regularly miss periods, as teenagers do. So you don't really notice you are pregnant for 2 or even 3 months. Then, you're ******** yourself that you might be pregnant. So you ignore it, thinking it can't be true. Would you say that this girl doesn't deserve an abortion?
    If she didn't want to deal with the possible consquences of sex, then she shouldn't have had sex.

And by late term, I mean second or third trimester late, really.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 100% sure, but if I had to go with one, it would be Pro Life in most circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    If she didn't want to deal with the possible consquences of sex, then she shouldn't have had sex.

And by late term, I mean second or third trimester late, really.
    What if she was raped? Pressured into it by school friends, boyfriend? And yeah, if she's waited 3 months before knowing then panicked for a month or two, that is 2nd trimester.

ReputationRep:
    Pro-life myself in most circumstances; and how many times are we going to have this thread (followed by the inevitable debate and argument)?

ReputationRep:
    Murder is about innocent life, not of those who are guilty. What a ridiculous comment.

If you don't want to have to face the resposability of having a baby, then don't have sex.
    Fine. Same to you. I don't think in this day and age it's up to you. With condoms and pills,sex is more for pleasure now.

Murder, then God murders a lot. A abortion is a man-made miscarriage. If women didn't have miscarriages then I'll disagree.

How selfish of you to judge. You're not a women. How dare you say a women should give up on her life, her career, her future for you and your petty ideals. It's very insulting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    What if she was raped? Pressured into it by school friends, boyfriend? And yeah, if she's waited 3 months before knowing then panicked for a month or two, that is 2nd trimester.
    Bear in mind that Don is a fundamentalist Christian dingbat who believes that we shouldn't be allowed to kill beings which aren't recognisably human and have less mental capacity than a lizard, but should be allowed to kill doctors doing their job.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'm a pacifist, and because I don't consider the state to be morally justifiable anyway (mostly due to the failure of social contract theory) I draw no distinction between soldiers and hired murderers. Moral imperatives are binding on people at all times, the fact that you murder people in the name of a state does not alter the fact that you are a murderer.

This comment is equally applicable to state sanctioned executions, incidentally.
    You're a male. You don't understand. You can walk away from the child. The mother could be a great lawyer, a great doctor, who now lives on a council estate with no man to love her.

How would you like that?

P.S. A abortion is a man made miscarriage

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.