Turn on thread page Beta

should i have done more to help the poor dog? watch

ReputationRep:
    None of us know the whole situation. As someone suggested the owners could have popped out for five minutes after taking the dog somewhere. What were they supposed to do? If they had rolled the windows down more the dog could have jumped out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    Good call!

Personally I would never put a dog in a car cause the hair gets into the seats.

I'd just tie to the roof rack or something ...
    it'd be much more ventilated on the roof...

sorry had to laugh...how cool would it be to see a car driving down the road with a german shepard or something selotaped to the roof rack??? cant get that image outta my head now...hehehehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlmechanik)
    it'd be much more ventilated on the roof...

sorry had to laugh...how cool would it be to see a car driving down the road with a german shepard or something selotaped to the roof rack??? cant get that image outta my head now...hehehehehe
    haha, you'd have to fashion some kinda surfboard for the dog to stand on so it'd look like he was riding a wave!

Fur blowing in the wind ... I can picture it now!

ReputationRep:
    haha, you'd have to fashion some kinda surfboard for the dog to stand on so it'd look like he was riding a wave!

Fur blowing in the wind ... I can picture it now!
    haha...especially if it was a really big supposed agressive dog, like a rotweiler...rolls in the wind! lmoa x

ReputationRep:
    you definitely did the right thing, like others have said it could have only been there for a few minutes, reporting it to the supermarket was more than a lot of people would have done.
    I know you wish you'd done all you could but the RSPCA could better spend their resources on animals which are appallingly treated than a dog left in a car with the widows open.

If it had been particularly distressed I'm sure it would have it's nose out the window so don't worry yourself too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlmechanik)
    haha...especially if it was a really big supposed agressive dog, like a rotweiler...rolls in the wind! lmoa x
    haha ...

ReputationRep:
    haha ...
    its such a messed up mental image isnt it???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie123)
    ummm isnt it ok to leave a dog in the car? If not it must have been an honest mistake by the owner - no need to call the RSPCA.
    No. There's been lots of cases on the news about dogs dying in cars. The more recent one being Police german shepherds.

ReputationRep:
    You did the right thing, especially since you say it was panting and looking distressed... I hate owners doing this
    Good for you taking action, i hope it's ok

(Original post by charlie123)
    ummm isnt it ok to leave a dog in the car? If not it must have been an honest mistake by the owner - no need to call the RSPCA.
    Nope - think how quickly cars get hot; it could even be cool when you leave and shortly after the sun comes on your car...plus dogs overheat so much quicker than us, I heard, and of course since they can't sweat or anything etc, only pant

ReputationRep:
    You did the right thing in reporting it to the supermarket staff, personally I'd have left a note on the cars wind shield informing the owner of their stupidity or waited for the owner to get back to the car as well, maybe try passing some water through too wouldn't give a crap if that made a mess of the inside of the car.

When I was working in a previous job we had some idiot park up in our car park and they left the dog inside with no windows open on a sunny June afternoon, had no choice but to put the side window through ourselves as the owner was nowhere to be seen even after 30 minutes. When the owner eventually turned up 2 and a half hours later they tried calling the police to get us done for damaging their car, the police's response? You shouldn't have been an irresponsible owner, they did the right thing.

People leaving pets locked in cars really does pee me off.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.