Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you get a place through clearing to start in september? Watch

I notice your welsh holamigo, swansea had many clearing applicants in for nursing last september!

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if this is of any help, but I only applied to MAnchester Uni this morning on the phone for a child nurse course and I got in. I havent gotten any of my financial bits sorted... wasnt even sure whether I wanted to go!

Im not stressing though, unis will understand if you apply to things late, or payments are running late!

ReputationRep:
    can i just ask what grades did u get for your AS, and your final Alevel grades?
    Cuz am hoping to do nursing in 2010, but got really crap AS results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahli0111)
    My AS level results werent fantastic, i dont actually remember what i got in them anymore.
    Your AS results might be bad but you've realised that now and its not too late to turn them around. You can take some resits next year along side your A levels to try improve them overall.
    Try and get as much work experience as you can aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhino115)
    I dont know if this is of any help, but I only applied to MAnchester Uni this morning on the phone for a child nurse course and I got in. I havent gotten any of my financial bits sorted... wasnt even sure whether I wanted to go!

Im not stressing though, unis will understand if you apply to things late, or payments are running late!

seriously! :O oo I tried on results day ringing up uni's but they said no.. so I kind of gave up.. I shall try on Monday again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahli0111)
    Erm.. for my AS levels: History - D Human biology - C maths - D

A levels I got : maths - D, Human Biology - D (dropped history)

Yeah so not the best results in the world..

you can get in for the diploma easily if you have good gcses. Just the degree you need around 200 points. And my grades equal to 150.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cup of Inspiration)
    I notice your welsh holamigo, swansea had many clearing applicants in for nursing last september!

oo I might try there thanks

ReputationRep:
    To be honest i think ur REALLY lucky uv got in to the march intake.. which one did u get in to? the Diploma or Degree?
    I would do anything to get into University.. Even if its the March intake!.. At the moment im stressing over university and waiting for august the 19th to come so i can phone in and apply through clearing..If not then il have to apply for the march intake..
    IF I DONT GET INTO ANY OF THOSE THEN IL HAVE TO GO BACK TO COLLEGE.....wounded!..
    so consider urself lucky xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SadiaS1)
    To be honest i think ur REALLY lucky uv got in to the march intake.. which one did u get in to? the Diploma or Degree?
    I would do anything to get into University.. Even if its the March intake!.. At the moment im stressing over university and waiting for august the 19th to come so i can phone in and apply through clearing..If not then il have to apply for the march intake..
    IF I DONT GET INTO ANY OF THOSE THEN IL HAVE TO GO BACK TO COLLEGE.....wounded!..
    so consider urself lucky xx
    this is an old thread from lat summer!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    lol very old...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.