Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Actually, 12 Us would be significantly better than 12 Gs - Us don't have to be put on UCAS forms, leaving the possibility of resitting with no one knowing :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mzwoteva16)
    12 Us would make most poeple on here suicidal. :p: No scratch that, 12U's would make the majority of us....what's worse than being suicidal?
    I dont think getting 12Us would make me suicidal at all actually.
    I think I'd just drop dead

ReputationRep:
    Worst case scenario - mixture of B's and C's..i'm not going to be ridiculous and say i'd die if I got all A's/B's because it's not the end of the world.
    I have 2 A*s from last year, and would be content with anywhere between 3-5 more out of the 9 GCSEs I took in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    I Would Be VERY happy with 2 A*'s ie RS and Maths [maybe 6 max if my dida goes well ie distinction] a B in Chemistry and Biology, C- English and English LIT, A in Food tech, C in physics, A in PE, so overall 6 A*'s, 1 A. 2 B's and 3 C's but worst case scenario would be 7 A's, 2 B's, 1 C and 2 D's but im hoping for the first tbh but last is WORST CASE

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream none of my ICT work got handed in...

My realistic worst-case is 2As, 5Bs, 3Cs. And I'd be okay with that! *touch wood*

None of us are THAT bad. If we cared enough about GCSEs to come on a forum and talk about it I'm sure we'll be okay.

No 10Us for ANY of us. Where's the 'best case scenario' thread?

ReputationRep:
    wow i can't believe people's worst case scenarios!

mine would be anything less than five c's.

i'd be happy with five c's.. over the moon with anything better. :]

ReputationRep:
    Best case: seeing as I already have 2/3 As 10 As or A*s
    reality is they'll be a few Bs and maybe a C or two there.

Worst case: not passing the ones that I need for A-levels

ReputationRep:
    Best case scenario- 1 A*, 3 As, 6 Bs, 1 C (Maths Eugh)

Worst case- i fail everything, even spanish, which is my favourite subject. ALthough I KNOW i've failed Maths and English lang and will ahve to resit both :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serendipity ♥)
    12 Us

You guys have no imagination with worst case scenarios.
    Technically, with coursework and all that jazz, it would be very hard for TSR people to get a U, even if they spectacularly screwed the exam up.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I am more worried about telling my parents my results than my actual results. I need 5 Cs to get into college which I know I'll get. Also, seeing teachers who I did no work with and their faces when they know my results!

Hopefully 9A*s, more realistic is around 6A*s and a few As and possibly a B in French/DT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieM)
    To be honest, I am more worried about telling my parents my results than my actual results. I need 5 Cs to get into college which I know I'll get. Also, seeing teachers who I did no work with and their faces when they know my results!

Hopefully 9A*s, more realistic is around 6A*s and a few As and possibly a B in French/DT.
    If your worst case is a B :0 how high are their expectations! :rolleyes: you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)
    If your worst case is a B :0 how high are their expectations! :rolleyes: you'll be fine
    My sister got 11A*s and 3 As including GCSE Latin A* in one year, I hate having an older sister :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My sister got 11A*s and 3 As including GCSE Latin A* in one year, I hate having an older sister :rolleyes:
    :eek: I only took 9... I'm the oldest in my family though

How to you think yours went? You probs did fine, but it would be hard to trump those results :eek3:... 14 GCSE's Goodluck

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I only took 9... I'm the oldest in my family though

How to you think yours went? You probs did fine, but it would be hard to trump those results :eek3:... 14 GCSE's Goodluck
    My sister did loads of extra ones, I only took 9/10 as well.

I don't think the exams went too badly, but I was way too relaxed about them and didn't feel as nervous as everyone says you do just before the exam.

ReputationRep:
    My sister did loads of extra ones, I only took 9/10 as well.

I don't think the exams went too badly, but I was way too relaxed about them and didn't feel as nervous as everyone says you do just before the exam.
    lol, take the relaxed feeling as being confident?

ReputationRep:
    lol, take the relaxed feeling as being confident?
    Not at all lol, I just seem to not notice things like that, everyone else was freaking out because it was 2 weeks till they started and I felt exactly the same as normal. Happens with everything like that though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplefrog)
    I'm predicted:
    7A* and 1A.

I'm hoping for:
    4A*, 3A, 1B
    or
    4A* and 4A

My worst case scenario will be anything from:
    1A*, 6As, 1B
    to
    1A*, 5A, 2B

*damn you geography and dt!!*
    Your doing OCR Avery Hill Geography and you found that hard! I'm not boasting but the boundaries are soooo low and you don't even need to revise for that exam! Half the answers are on the page! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted 9 A*s and an A in math ( I hate maths..) but I will die of shock if I do that well...I don't understand why teachers tried to get my hopes up..I'm expecting to be dissapointed..so probably worse case scenario is a whole page of Cs...gah.

ReputationRep:
    Worst case scenario: I don't get the 6 C's (inc. Maths and English) to be able to continue at my chosen sixthform. But, hoping for 11 B's at least.

ReputationRep:
    Worst case scenario: I fail English Lit and Lang. :/

and don't get the grades to continue my chosen subjects at college.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.