Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabka7)
    bribe the boards

Ha, i reckon you could actually do that or you could try asking for a remark about 10 times until they give you an A*

ReputationRep:
    Retake in january apply to uni again next year!

And in the meantime cycle around Europe Would be one the best things i've ever done.

Improve my pretty much fluency in French and learn some spanish/italian.

ReputationRep:
    This is my life contingency plan to be used only in emergencies such as failing A levels or running out of chocolate crepes.

1)Learn Cantonese
    2)become a pirate in the south china sea
    3) ?????
    4) PROFIT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acm345)
    Ha, i reckon you could actually do that or you could try asking for a remark about 10 times until they give you an A*
    thats the plan

ReputationRep:
    I have already done half the course and have an A* in German and French gcses so i can get by. The training is just less than a year of school so in that respect it isn't that much.

Yeah with all the worrying of gcse failure i've looked into it :rolleyes:
    Aren't you predicted 10A*'s? what is failing to you? missing that last A* in english or something? And do you know for sure you've got an A* in German, i thought results came out on August 27th? or are you just confident?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallix)
    Aren't you predicted 10A*'s? what is failing to you? missing that last A* in english or something? And do you know for sure you've got an A* in German, i thought results came out on August 27th? or are you just confident?
    Firstly how did you know i am predicted 10a* ?:eek:
    Well in the other post i meant to say i am doing german gcse and have an A* in French from last year because my school takes it early. erm well anything below 8* and i'd be disappointed and anything below 4* and i'd feel like i've failed (btw that did not mean to sound like i am showing off but it's just average at my school is like 6a* and having gotten 10a* in the mocks i'd feel dissappointed i wasn't doing my gcses last year :rolleyes:.) But being probably the most pessimistic person in my year, (i have always come out of an exam saying "that was the worst exam of my life") so i always have this idea where i have done something like write the wrong centre number on my exam or forgetting to write my details on the extra sheet which would mean i have failed and gotten something like a D so that is the main reason for the thread. Also the fact that it is a bit of fun and that not many will be being serious on this thread.

What's failing to you?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Firstly how did you know i am predicted 10a* ?:eek:
    Well in the other post i meant to say i am doing german gcse and have an A* in French from last year because my school takes it early. erm well anything below 8* and i'd be disappointed and anything below 4* and i'd feel like i've failed (btw that did not mean to sound like i am showing off but it's just average at my school is like 6a* and having gotten 10a* in the mocks i'd feel dissappointed i wasn't doing my gcses last year :rolleyes:.) But being probably the most pessimistic person in my year, (i have always come out of an exam saying "that was the worst exam of my life") so i always have this idea where i have done something like write the wrong centre number on my exam or forgetting to write my details on the extra sheet which would mean i have failed and gotten something like a D so that is the main reason for the thread. Also the fact that it is a bit of fun and that not many will be being serious on this thread.

What's failing to you?:confused:
    I think you wrote your predictions a few times on the GCSE forum.

But i do feel your anxiety, i don't like saying this but my predictions are 10A* 2A's and an A in applied module (D1) of maths as (it was 9A*'s 3A's but my D.T. teacher changed his mind towards the end). I would be pretty gutted if i got less than 9 because ditto i got that in the mocks. wow as if you're year average is 6A*'s that's pretty damn good!

My failure would be if i got bad results in general because i would have noone else to blame and the pressure from everyone is so damn much it's unreal. like when people say you better get straight A*'s and i try frantically to tell them that i'm not even predicted that

AND OCR English paper 1 is a horror i wouldn't like to rethink but i'm having faith.

Seriously putting down my predicted grades makes me feel so vulnerable .

ReputationRep:
    If I'm in receipt of a FUDGECAFE, I'll join the Navy or be a Butler

ReputationRep:
    My plan is to cause as much chaos and destruction before I get stopped, something equivalent to a 6* wanted level on GTA, you'd be surprised how easy it is to make a crude cruise missile.

ReputationRep:
    enrol at my local fail of a college and try to ace everything there

ReputationRep:
    Join a travelling circus learning the ways of firebreathing and juggling. Or become a ninja :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    go into politics

ReputationRep:
    I would continue to work as a service engineer at a local it company and work as an apprentice. However hopefully I pass!!

ReputationRep:
    Try my luck in the dragons den.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.