Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Disclaimer: This is a generalisation and was just wondering peoples points. A debate is better than attack so lets try that .

As a white male myself I feel that we are an oft persecuted group for the things that happened in the past, thinking along the lines of slavery of 'womens oppresion' etc.

Do any other white males out there feel that sometimes we can be persecuted just because of the things our ancestors did?

(Note: I might not have articulated my point that well, always feels weird on a forum but hopefully people can begin a debate an see where we go from there.)

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel persecuted in any way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will.)
    I don't feel persecuted in any way.
    This

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP has phrased the question poorly.

It's actually impossible for the master race to be persecuted, per se, but it is very much possible for them to be unappreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by airoutmyshorts)

It's actually impossible for the master race to be persecuted, per se, but it is very much possible for them to be unappreciated.
    Erm, what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninety_nine)
    Erm, what?
    Erm, joke? I think it was pretty clear.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, joke? I think it was pretty clear.
    Sorry, it was lost on me.

Uh, being *****ed at once in a while =/= slavery / genocide / global exploitation.

I get irritated when I'm expected to apologise for things done by previous generations when there is so going on in the world to apologise for now.

ReputationRep:
    No, I think you have it fine.

(Original post by JCM89)
    I get irritated when I'm expected to apologise for things done by previous generations when there is so going on in the world to apologise for now.
    :rofl: Good point.

ReputationRep:
    Legally they may be. If a Miss Harmen gets her way anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Uh, being *****ed at once in a while =/= slavery / genocide / global exploitation.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel persecuted at all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think at any point in my life I've sat back and though, "I really wish I wasn't a white male, don't we have it bad".

ReputationRep:
    Are we sometimes left out of access schemes when there are schemes for ethnic minorities and women? Yes. Are we persecuted? No.

I don't think we have it harder than any other group, in general, and the fact that the aforementioned other groups can get extra help with certain things doesn't outweigh the advantage of tradition that white males have behind them when it comes to high status jobs and university places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Disclaimer: This is a generalisation and was just wondering peoples points. A debate is better than attack so lets try that .

As a white male myself I feel that we are an oft persecuted group for the things that happened in the past, thinking along the lines of slavery of 'womens oppresion' etc.

Do any other white males out there feel that sometimes we can be persecuted just because of the things our ancestors did?

(Note: I might not have articulated my point that well, always feels weird on a forum but hopefully people can begin a debate an see where we go from there.)
    White males persecuted?

LMAO!!!!!!!! LOL...

sorry, that's the best laugh I've had thus far today.

In all seriousness, any persecution here is total silliness.

ReputationRep:

:rofl: I hope that's a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Look at the most powerful people in the country-the politicians, the CEOs etc. The vast majority are white males. So no, I don't agree.

ReputationRep:
    Complaining about being born white and male is like complaining about being incredibly rich.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.