The Student Room Group

Vaccinations

Basically i have an Occupational health Form to fill out for medical placement requires me to date and confirm all the vaccinations i have received.

the form is attached

the trouble is that the vaccination record i got from my GP goes back to only 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I moved house in 2008 and changed GP's.

Its has the following vaccinations:

MMR and MMR Booster

HepaTITis A Junior and Booster Junior ( will i have to have a senior/adult one aswell?)

Typhoid

But i know for sure that i have had the Polio,Diptheria,TetANUS, BCG, The holiday vaccine for Central Asia, hepatitis B. but no record to show for it! what will i have to do now? will my medical records have this information because it costs £15 and i dont want to waste it if its no different to my vaccination record.

I have also had chicken pox, but im not sure if i had a chicken vaccine.

Does work xp placements at St Barts absolutely 100% need all those vaccinations?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Moving house shouldn't mean your vaccn records go as long as you give your current GP the details of your previous GP.

Were you born in the UK?

If so, you should have had DTaP/IPV/Hib at birth and both doses of MMR by now. Chickenpox, you can tick that box if you've definitely had it. BCG etc... if you know you've had it, tick the box. Hep B, assume you haven't had it and they will probably check for prior immunity - if not you can request. Hep A is irrelevant. You should have had DTP/DTaP shortly after birth and the school leaver's one, and a tetanus booster at some point.

Only tick measles if you've had separate measles vaccns, otherwise it's with MMR.

I think the fact you've had it is more relevant than when you had it... but yea, I dunno. And I've never been asked for this stuff for work experience... you're only there a week or so.
Toiletpaper8
Moving house shouldn't mean your vaccn records go as long as you give your current GP the details of your previous GP.

Were you born in the UK?

If so, you should have had DTaP/IPV/Hib at birth and both doses of MMR by now. Chickenpox, you can tick that box if you've definitely had it. BCG etc... if you know you've had it, tick the box. Hep B, assume you haven't had it and they will probably check for prior immunity - if not you can request. Hep A is irrelevant. You should have had DTP/DTaP shortly after birth and the school leaver's one, and a tetanus booster at some point.

Only tick measles if you've had separate measles vaccns, otherwise it's with MMR.

I think the fact you've had it is more relevant than when you had it... but yea, I dunno. And I've never been asked for this stuff for work experience... you're only there a week or so.

why? may i ask? is it not the exact same vaccine as the MMR, same as the Rubella Vaccine.
Norfolk_Enchance
why? may i ask? is it not the exact same vaccine as the MMR, same as the Rubella Vaccine.

For measles, you have 2 options on the form - tick the MMR one. For rubella etc, write MMR next to it and tick it, or if there is a separate MMR option, tick that.

Latest

Trending

Trending