Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do Meduims talking to the dead prove there is life after death? Watch

ReputationRep:
    ...they definitely contact them because they know things they couldn't have known otherwise , this must prove that when you die you're not really dead...

i think it does.

ReputationRep:
    No. They prove that there's a sucker born every minute.

About as much as getting high and hallucinating makes you a prophet.

ReputationRep:
    If I started talking to an invisble unicorn does that mean that there really is one there?

ReputationRep:
    Most, if not all mediums are knowingly deceiving their clients. There are books you can buy that teach you how their methods, and everything.

Life after death may or may not exist, but you're not going to get the answers from some weird lady who pretends to have magical powers.

ReputationRep:
    they really don't know anything, it's not hard to do it to gullable people. You state vague information which can be intepreted by the person who knows the dead one.

So you might say " I sense...some sadness in your life"(most people have some sadness, especially if they have a dead relative they were close too.)

or "he wants you to...let go"

or

"I'm seeing a car...." (if person nods or looks as if your right you keep going)

"It's a...red(judge their reaction to see if your right)..blue...no black car"(basically until your right.)

"yes a black car, David(wrong)..no I see a D? No...hmmm a B..it isn't clear...a J?(look at their reaction), yes...Joe was he called Joe?(your right). Yes Joe says you should sell the car, he never liked it."

so there you've got a detail they think only the dead person would know, but you just keep fishing until you get a response.

ReputationRep:
    You're a crap troll.

ReputationRep:
    lo, what a moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    Most, if not all mediums are knowingly deceiving their clients.
    they're not, because they tell the family things that they could never have know, that only the family and the dead person knew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    they're not, because they tell the family things that they could never have know, that only the family and the dead person knew.
    Whoopi Goldberg did it.

ReputationRep:
    Tryin' to catch me trollin' dirty.

ReputationRep:
    No, they prove that there are people sick enough to take advantage of those who are hurt or grieving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    did you read my post with examples? that's how they do it, you fish for something general that might be true "he's..talking about the car" for example, if they have one you can go on and guess the colour, you can tell by their faces when you've got the right colour "green....no it's not clear...a red car?". Then see if they had an accident in it, things like that. you can make people think you know things when your just guessing and gaging their reaction.

For example when I was in sixform my biology teacher said she had two kids. I said "yeah a boy and a girl right? and the boys older? boys called James?", she looked surprised. I had just got lucky, but then she was like "how do you know!?!"

ReputationRep:
    i believe in palmistry =)
    my cousin new a guy who had a small gap in his life line, and the same guy had been in a coma for about 2 months

ReputationRep:
    lol, no.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in any of it to be honest. The whole, "only the family or close friends know"; it's all coincidence and playing with the clients responses.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:
    It's all BS.....

ReputationRep:
    My mum went to a medium in a church last year.. pretty much strengthened what i already believed in.

not everyone believes in life after death and whatever, but i do. and thats my choice..why it should concern or upset anyone else is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pri-x)
    i believe in palmistry =)
    my cousin new a guy who had a small gap in his life line, and the same guy had been in a coma for about 2 months
    Oh well, that definately proves it then.

ReputationRep:
    Have you senn Derek Acorah. He got found out for being a phony after he was given information on a guy called Kreed Kafer, and he made things up about this character and claimed to be possessed by him. Kreed Kafer is an anagram of Derek Faker, and some parapsychologist made up the character to catch him out which he did. His 'possessions' are ridiculous, and it's mediums like this that make people lose any sort of belief about life after death XD

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.