Turn on thread page Beta

Do Meduims talking to the dead prove there is life after death? watch

Watch this. It's a scam. :yep:

From The Real Hustle - BBC3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    Oh well, that definitely proves it then.
    no need to be sarcastic!!

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meekle72)
    Have you senn Derek Acorah. He got found out for being a phony after he was given information on a guy called Kreed Kafer, and he made things up about this character and claimed to be possessed by him. Kreed Kafer is an anagram of Derek Faker, and some parapsychologist made up the character to catch him out which he did. His 'possessions' are ridiculous, and it's mediums like this that make people lose any sort of belief about life after death XD
    yeah i remember him off most haunted.. i always felt he was always OTT with his reactions and 'feelings'

but a medium who i have seen live in like a seminar setting and have A LOT of time and respect for is John Edward.

Amazing Man

ReputationRep:
    lol OP is dumb-dumb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)
    My mum went to a medium in a church last year.. pretty much strengthened what i already believed in.

not everyone believes in life after death and whatever, but i do. and thats my choice..why it should concern or upset anyone else is beyond me.
    Christianity believes in talking to ghosts now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    Christianity believes in talking to ghosts now?
    It was like a church/community centre type place.. it was having some sort of fare going on.

I wouldnt know about the whole christianity thing considering im from a muslim family.

ReputationRep:
    Ever heard of cold and hot reading?

ReputationRep:
    It was like a church/community centre type place.. it was having some sort of fare going on.

I wouldnt know about the whole christianity thing considering im from a muslim family.
    Ah, okay. I thought you meant it was like part of a service or something

ReputationRep:
    Mediums can speak to the dead in the same way magicians can teleport rabbits and all clowns have abnormally large feet.

ReputationRep:
    Well one must keep an open mind about these things. I would believe in it if any of them could tell me about my ancient family's history without any prompting. Also, does being able to contact the dead say anything about major religions, such as Christianity? Is it compatible with them?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    ...they definitely contact them because they know things they couldn't have known otherwise , this must prove that when you die you're not really dead...

i think it does.
    There's the point of view that it could be Satan or other evil spirits talking to them to pass on such info to make you think that it's the dead your talking to when it's just the evil in the universe trying to trick you and that the dead actually don't have a way of contacting the living.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

I've heard of these so called 'spiritualist churches' who do things like claiming to talk to the dead.

But they are not proper churches in my opinion. They don't seem to really follow the Bible and Jesus and add in all these extra things, like talking to the dead being a main aim of theirs....be wary of them.

ReputationRep:
    Lol no.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This all said, my Mum once had a gypsy woman come to the house and asked to see her hand...the gypsy woman said to my Mum that she had three children. At the time my Mum only had two children, me being the youngest. My Mum later did go on on to have an unexpected third child more than 10 years after I was born...so who knows what 'abilities' people have...

ReputationRep:
    No because they might just be in another dimension and might not be dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    You're a crap troll.

I miss the good ol' days were trolls tried to troll.

Fail troll is failing.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahaha no.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought it was a load of b/s, but I've changed my views since visiting a spiritualist church.

It might be that mediums are more tuned in to peoples thoughts or can sense what it is people want them to say - but they genuinely believe that they are passing on messages from the spirit realm blah etc.

The mediums I've met are genuinely nice people and don't take a penny for what they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    This all said, my Mum once had a gypsy woman come to the house and asked to see her hand...the gypsy woman said to my Mum that she had three children. At the time my Mum only had two children, me being the youngest. My Mum later did go on on to have an unexpected third child more than 10 years after I was born...so who knows what 'abilities' people have...

Please say this is meant as a joke?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.