The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
joey11223
did you read my post with examples? that's how they do it, you fish for something general that might be true "he's..talking about the car" for example, if they have one you can go on and guess the colour, you can tell by their faces when you've got the right colour "green....no it's not clear...a red car?". Then see if they had an accident in it, things like that. you can make people think you know things when your just guessing and gaging their reaction.

For example when I was in sixform my biology teacher said she had two kids. I said "yeah a boy and a girl right? and the boys older? boys called James?", she looked surprised. I had just got lucky, but then she was like "how do you know!?!"

i dont mean random things , they know their brothers names family names etc. without being told ,and some mention specific events that happened that the medium couldn't have known about.
Reply 61
sron

I'm sensing something. I think it's a John.... no wait, it's more of a James.... no, no it's a Jeremy isn't it... ah, I've got it, it's Julia.

whoaaah!

John Edward is awesome!

Ive been to one of his seminars.

Totally Legit to me.
Reply 62
nope
How can someone who makes up a load of mumbo jumbo to gullible strangers prove there is life after death? Get a grip.
Reply 64
bansheeee*
i dont mean random things , they know their brothers names family names etc. without being told ,and some mention specific events that happened that the medium couldn't have known about.

They can know. Ever seen Mentalist? Although a fictional show, it does welll to highlight the intelligence and rational abilities of some of these so called 'mediums'
Reply 65
I think they're either slightly tapped or else completely making it up.
Reply 66
Yusuf.T
whoaaah!

John Edward is awesome!

Ive been to one of his seminars.

Totally Legit to me.

The only thing interesting about him is his ridiculously punchable face.
Reply 68
No. It's entertainment and that's it.

If there was anything to it that even slightly hinted at knowledge of an afterlife, someone would have poured a lot of money into research to help solve murders or whatever.
Reply 69
A is for Awesome

thats fair enough but im not going to suddenly change my stance on him just by reading on article.
Meekle72
Have you senn Derek Acorah. He got found out for being a phony after he was given information on a guy called Kreed Kafer, and he made things up about this character and claimed to be possessed by him. Kreed Kafer is an anagram of Derek Faker, and some parapsychologist made up the character to catch him out which he did. His 'possessions' are ridiculous, and it's mediums like this that make people lose any sort of belief about life after death XD

Oh my god, he is so an-NOY-ing, it's almost funny lol :woo: Yeah, like most other people have said I think it's BS and no other "proof" will persuade me otherwise. I obviously don't have a clue what/if anything happens after death but I'm not going to believe any theories when there is absolutely no proof, just.. well, possible theories.

I saw on the paper last week that Jade Goody is apparently talking to her mum through a psychic... here we go again, still not over. Bloody stupid.

Latest

Trending

Trending