Turn on thread page Beta

Do Meduims talking to the dead prove there is life after death? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    did you read my post with examples? that's how they do it, you fish for something general that might be true "he's..talking about the car" for example, if they have one you can go on and guess the colour, you can tell by their faces when you've got the right colour "green....no it's not clear...a red car?". Then see if they had an accident in it, things like that. you can make people think you know things when your just guessing and gaging their reaction.

For example when I was in sixform my biology teacher said she had two kids. I said "yeah a boy and a girl right? and the boys older? boys called James?", she looked surprised. I had just got lucky, but then she was like "how do you know!?!"
    i dont mean random things , they know their brothers names family names etc. without being told ,and some mention specific events that happened that the medium couldn't have known about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sron)

I'm sensing something. I think it's a John.... no wait, it's more of a James.... no, no it's a Jeremy isn't it... ah, I've got it, it's Julia.
    whoaaah!

John Edward is awesome!

Ive been to one of his seminars.

Totally Legit to me.

ReputationRep:
    nope

ReputationRep:
    How can someone who makes up a load of mumbo jumbo to gullible strangers prove there is life after death? Get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    i dont mean random things , they know their brothers names family names etc. without being told ,and some mention specific events that happened that the medium couldn't have known about.
    They can know. Ever seen Mentalist? Although a fictional show, it does welll to highlight the intelligence and rational abilities of some of these so called 'mediums'

ReputationRep:
    I think they're either slightly tapped or else completely making it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)
    whoaaah!

John Edward is awesome!

Ive been to one of his seminars.

Totally Legit to me.
    The only thing interesting about him is his ridiculously punchable face.

ReputationRep:
    John Edward = Fraud

http://www.randi.org/jr/2006-04/042106edward.html#i1

ReputationRep:
    No. It's entertainment and that's it.

If there was anything to it that even slightly hinted at knowledge of an afterlife, someone would have poured a lot of money into research to help solve murders or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    John Edward = Fraud

http://www.randi.org/jr/2006-04/042106edward.html#i1
    thats fair enough but im not going to suddenly change my stance on him just by reading on article.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meekle72)
    Have you senn Derek Acorah. He got found out for being a phony after he was given information on a guy called Kreed Kafer, and he made things up about this character and claimed to be possessed by him. Kreed Kafer is an anagram of Derek Faker, and some parapsychologist made up the character to catch him out which he did. His 'possessions' are ridiculous, and it's mediums like this that make people lose any sort of belief about life after death XD
    Oh my god, he is so an-NOY-ing, it's almost funny lol :woo: Yeah, like most other people have said I think it's BS and no other "proof" will persuade me otherwise. I obviously don't have a clue what/if anything happens after death but I'm not going to believe any theories when there is absolutely no proof, just.. well, possible theories.

I saw on the paper last week that Jade Goody is apparently talking to her mum through a psychic... here we go again, still not over. Bloody stupid.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.