Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Starcraft 2 officially delayed to 2010! Watch

ReputationRep:
    In the long battle between Blizzard's standards and the calendar year, the calendar again came out the loser today with the announcement that the studio's anticipated RTS sequel StarCraft II has been delayed into the first half of 2010.

Blizzard attributed the delay to needing additional time to produce the new version of Battle.net, its online gaming service. Though few details are available on the new portal, Activision CEO Bobby Kotick likened it to Xbox Live in its combination of gameplay and social networking features.
    :mad: :mad2:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59856

and they've yet to release the damn beta!!

ah well... back to Dawn of War 2 for me...

ReputationRep:
    That sucks....me was looking forward to that as well......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    :mad: :mad2:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59856

and they've yet to release the damn beta!!

ah well... back to Dawn of War 2 for me...
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO! :mad:

If this gets pushed over to summer I will be annoyed

Back to EVE Online then.

ReputationRep:
    Well, all I can say is, it better be good when it bloody comes out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dodgyant)
    Well, all I can say is, it better be good when it bloody comes out!
    nooo i've been waiting for it... for long enough already + ^ see quote :yes:

ReputationRep:
    oh ffs! Duke nukem fornever anyone?:mad:

Seriously the longer it's dragged out the worse the graphics will look, so then they'll want to spend more time improving textures and animations and such, then they'll release a better online system exists and do that and the thing will never get released.

I mean an improved battle.net? Seriously release it now and fix that with a patch in a few months. Surely they do have a working battle.net now for other games they have? Release it and do small improvements over time. I want to see campaign now.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    welcome to blizzard. but this is why their games are so damned good. Because they publish their own games they dont have any pressure with release dates and can delay them to enable a better and more polished product to be published.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    oh ffs! Duke nukem fornever anyone?:mad:

Seriously the longer it's dragged out the worse the graphics will look, so then they'll want to spend more time improving textures and animations and such, then they'll release a better online system exists and do that and the thing will never get released.

I mean an improved battle.net? Seriously release it now and fix that with a patch in a few months. Surely they do have a working battle.net now for other games they have? Release it and do small improvements over time. I want to see campaign now.:mad:

worst thing you could possibly do for an online game, or any game at all to be honest. much better to wait and polish than rush a still unpolished game to the shelves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoHands)
    worst thing you could possibly do for an online game, or any game at all to be honest. much better to wait and polish than rush a still unpolished game to the shelves
    meh these days I almost expect a royal screw up when it comes to online play. Disconnections, desyncs, RTS's seem to be plagued with them, RA3 had it's problems. A sad state of affairs I guess, big companies pumping out games without testing them properly, sometimes leaving game breaking glitched/bugs which players can take advantage of. Like the old cloning vat free infantry glitch in RA2, think they eventually patched that but it took a while.

ReputationRep:
    good, more time for me to save my 800 quids for this game.

ReputationRep:
    They never announced that this was coming out in 2009, so I don't see why everyone's shocked over an apparent delay? :confused:

perfect. it will give me more time to save up for a PC that will be able to run it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.