Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There's this girl I like quite a bit but the problem is I'm really not sure if she likes me back. She's a real nice person to everyone so it's hard to tell for me, we've texted quite a bit for the past month or two and I'm starting to feel that maybe she might like me back.

Reason for this is: She owns a yacht and they occasionally will take it out to sea and anchor at a pier near my place. She invited me over, but I didn't feel comfortable going because her parent's had family friends over. She still insisted I went and eventually I did, I gave her her birthday present and we walked back up the hill near the pier together just us two and she hugged me and said thanks for the present at the top.

Is this just her being nice? Or does she feel the same way I do? I'm afraid of pushing her away if I ask her out and she doesnt feel the same way I do...we do have half our classes next year together so don't want it to be too awkward, but I really like her! What do I do???

ReputationRep:
    Why not?

On an unrelated point - a yacht?? Wow.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like she might feel the same ... but be careful, like you said she might just be being nice.

You could tell her how you feel and see what she says? She might feel the same.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    What have you got to lose? Nothing! Man up you pussycat.

If she says no, be her friend still and find another girl.

ReputationRep:
    Get stuck in. You might get married into money.

ReputationRep:
    You're in.

ReputationRep:
    A yaucht. :woo:

go for it even if you don't like her

ReputationRep:
    You may aswell go for it, it seems like she at least has an interest, take it slowly get to know one another more, and see where it leads.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Ring her and say "Can I take you rock-climbing"
    a sure success!

ASK HER OUT!!

reason: always go with ur gut feeling. soon before u become a friend or she looses interest. and u seem to know her well enough to ask her out at least

let us know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    You may aswell go for it, it seems like she at least has an interest, take it slowly get to know one another more, and see where it leads.

Good luck
    This. DO take it slowly... if something's going to happen then it will in it's own time.

ReputationRep:
    I say go for it :yy:

ReputationRep:
    yeah, really go for it, u dont have much to loose, and even if she oesnt like u back that way, she'd stil be flattered so dont worry

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, she seems to like you even if not like that. YOu have nothing to lose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    What have you got to lose? Nothing! Man up you pussycat.

If she says no, be her friend still and find another girl.
    Did you not read, a yacht.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.