Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

student finance - identity confrimation form problem Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! Seeing as this is my first post here, I thought I would start with a problem:

I have recieved the form from SFE asking for a person in a profession (i.e. no relatives) who MUST have known me for at least two years to fill in that form.

Now, here's the problem: I have not known any person in any of those professions for two years or more. The only person in a profession that I *thought* would be acceptable was a Doctor/GP. Now, this list of acceptable professions that they gave me doesn't have a GP on it. It lists other medical professions such as dentists, chemists, chiropodists, christian science practitioners, nurses and opticians, but not GPs. Why not?

Has anyone else got a solution for me, as I have tried to phone up SFE, but as soon as I get to the robotic tit asking for my CRN and PIN, it says that they don't match when I KNOW that they are correct.

Anyone got any help for me as this is frustrating as hell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AidanLunn)
    Hi all! Seeing as this is my first post here, I thought I would start with a problem:

I have recieved the form from SFE asking for a person in a profession (i.e. no relatives) who MUST have known me for at least two years to fill in that form.

Now, here's the problem: I have not known any person in any of those professions for two years or more. The only person in a profession that I *thought* would be acceptable was a Doctor/GP. Now, this list of acceptable professions that they gave me doesn't have a GP on it. It lists other medical professions such as dentists, chemists, chiropodists, christian science practitioners, nurses and opticians, but not GPs. Why not?

Has anyone else got a solution for me, as I have tried to phone up SFE, but as soon as I get to the robotic tit asking for my CRN and PIN, it says that they don't match when I KNOW that they are correct.

Anyone got any help for me as this is frustrating as hell!
    Have you tried contacting your local borough's education department?
    For all my queries i contact my student support advisor at my local borough and then Student Finance.

ReputationRep:
    A GP would be fine. It doesn't have to be something off the list, they just want a fairly reputable person in a decent job.

I got a friend of the family to sign mine and he runs his own business, and to my knowledge that's perfectly acceptable for confirmation.

ReputationRep:
    Thank god

I can probably just go down tomorrow and get it signed.

After my morning viewing of childhood nostalgia (Fun House) on Challenge TV!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Major Spoiler)
    A GP would be fine. It doesn't have to be something off the list, they just want a fairly reputable person in a decent job.

I got a friend of the family to sign mine and he runs his own business, and to my knowledge that's perfectly acceptable for confirmation.
    Can it be anybody that you have known for 2 years? Or does it have to be a specific person
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Please check thread dates before posting.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.