Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ..a job interview before!! I've only had one job before but it wasn't a proper interview, just a casual talk. This job is based at Heathrow Airport, a new restaurant opening (never worked in a restaurant before) and my interview is on Monday. Could someone advice me on what type of questions will be asked, and how to answer them/what 'examples' to give since I don't have much experience..and I tend to get VERY nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone...?

ReputationRep:
    This is really useful for all types of jobs.
    www.jobsite.co.uk/bemyinterviewer
    but with interviews it takes practice like anything else!
    And belief in yourself that you can do the job your going for.
    Good Luck!

I been too so many interviews I'm gradually getting better, but preparation is so essential, use it as an experience
    Smile & speak calmly.

ReputationRep:
    Basics:
    Why do you want the job? Why do you want to work here?
    What do you have to offer?
    Tell me about yourself?
    Tell me about (experience related Q)?
    What do you think is important in customer service?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_unicorn)
    This is really useful for all types of jobs.
    www.jobsite.co.uk/bemyinterviewer
    but with interviews it takes practice like anything else!
    And belief in yourself that you can do the job your going for.
    Good Luck!

I been too so many interviews I'm gradually getting better, but preparation is so essential, use it as an experience
    Smile & speak calmly.
    great site, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I've never had an interview before either - i feel your pain! lol i had a job interview the other week, but then realised i didn're really want the job and so i told them i wouldn't be coming, but i kind of regret it now, cos i wish i had used it as some kind of experience....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amam)
    I've never had an interview before either - i feel your pain! lol i had a job interview the other week, but then realised i didn're really want the job and so i told them i wouldn't be coming, but i kind of regret it now, cos i wish i had used it as some kind of experience....
    hmm yeah..i really need this job as im taking a gap year and its jsut so hard to find a job nowadays its like my only chance right now before the 'year' starts!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well good luck to you, hope it goes well! I guess the best advice I can give is just try and be confident and cheerful, even though you might not feel it! Go in there believing that you ARE the best for the job - this is what my brother tells me!

Tell me how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the interiew. I had my first ever interview about a month ago for a science technician at a college, I got the job :bigsmile: So don't panic, tell them what they want to hear - without lying!

Think of any experience you have, however small, and what would make you a better candidate than someone else.

If it helps, think of someone who you know that would be crap at the job and compare reasons why you would be better.

Be smiley, welcoming and reasonably chatty - no one word answers :p: - this will reflect back on how well you would fit the job

Best of luck x
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Everyone has to have a first interview.
    The most important thing is to remember not to panic - the worst that will happen is you don't get the job, and you will be able to use it as an experience for future interviews.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    - Dress smart.
    - Arrive 5-10 minutes early.
    - Don't fidget too much in the interview, it shows nerves.
    - Try to be confident and expand on answer as much as possible.
    - Bring in aspects of your academic/personal success to add weight to what you're saying.
    - Give examples.
    - Be as friendly as possible.
    - Try to think of a couple of questions to ask them to show your interest.
    - Emphasise your enthusiasm and willingness to learn to make up for your lack of experience.
    - Make negatives into positives.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.