Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Was just wondering on what peoples views are of a teenage mother? Or father?

ReputationRep:
    They should have maybe been more careful, that is unless they wanted children.

ReputationRep:
    I have no problem with them, as long as they love the child and do their best for it.

I'm sure this thread was done a few weeks ago though.

ReputationRep:
    if teenagers don't want to risk the chance of being parents...they should use contraception. If they are not prepared to use protection..they shouldn't open their legs

Having children young - i have nothing against because my mother had me when she was 19...yet she had the security which was a home, my father, finance etc. In some cases, teenage parents don't possess that, so should really think about things on the long term
    I need to stop watching Jeremy Kyle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperKell)
    They should have maybe been more careful, that is unless they wanted children.
    Nice sig there friend

ReputationRep:
    Chavs and sluts. Many of them abuse the system of benefits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hannah)
    I have no problem with them, as long as they love the child and do their best for it.

I'm sure this thread was done a few weeks ago though.
    Oh right sorry. I didnt realise.

Was just wondering the general opinion as as far as i'm aware most people assume teenage mothers are ***** or 'doing it to get a flat' ECT. I was just seeing if this was the overall opinion people got if a teenager was to say they had a child.

ReputationRep:
    No problem although sometimes it makes me a little sad that they are essentially loosing their teenage years which should be spent having fun. I also think it's not fair to judge all teenage parents to be the same as each other, you can get some excellent teenage mums so as long as the baby is loved and cared for then there is no problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Nice sig there friend
    So much win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedHistorian)
    if teenagers don't want to risk the chance of being parents...they should use contraception. If they are not prepared to use protection..they shouldn't open their legs

Having children young - i have nothing against because my mother had me when she was 19...yet she had the security which was a home, my father, finance etc. In some cases, teenage parents don't possess that, so should really think about things on the long term
    I need to stop watching Jeremy Kyle
    Lol @ the Jeremy Kyle.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how young we're talking (u16 is usually problematic), but I really don't take an issue with it if the child can be supported by the parents. As someone said, as long as they love their child and do best by it, there should be no problem. In many instances a 17 year old can be just as mature as someone much older.

Mary did a great job raising Jesus, didn't she!

If, however, the child is the result of a promiscuity (etc.), the parents rely on benefits, or the parents go out on the piss every other night and dump the baby with the grandparents, then I take an issue. As I would with someone older.

(in general) Irresponsible and short sighted.

ReputationRep:
    If they're over 16 and take care of their children they can have as many as they like. Good luck to them.

Being young doesn't always = bad parent.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a bad idea to plan a baby as a teenager. I also think that everyone makes mistakes, so I wouldn't look down on teenage parents. Adults have accidental babies all the time - I don't know why you'd expect teenagers not to.

ReputationRep:
    OP, are you pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    ****s, that don't have the responsibility to look after a child, and generally end up bringing the rest of their family into the whole thing, and living off benefits because they cant get an education to earn the money they need to support a family because they had a child so early.

Wait till you got your A-Levels at least, at least then you can make a go of a decent career and actually support your family.

ReputationRep:
    there is just one word which comes to my mind when i think of them... "DESPERATE"....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelser)
    Mary did a great job raising Jesus, didn't she!
    To be fair, the baby's father was much older, and he gave her a lot of support.

ReputationRep:
    some of them are ****s :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes the natural instinct or urge to have a baby is so strong they just really want to do it, which is fair enough and can't really be escaped..providing they can give it the amount of love and care it deserves and can live financially soundly (albeit with the help of family).

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.