Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think it's incredibly sad these girls have ruined what little chance of living life they had...It's why I'm pro choice :p:

I know 8 young mothers aged 17-19.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jizzabelle)
    Sometimes the natural instinct or urge to have a baby is so strong they just really want to do it, which is fair enough and can't really be escaped..providing they can give it the amount of love and care it deserves and can live financially soundly (albeit with the help of family).
    No honey that's not how it works. These children are accidents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hannah)
    I have no problem with them, as long as they love the child and do their best for it.

I'm sure this thread was done a few weeks ago though.
    Yes, this thread was done a few weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    did anyone see the documentary last week about the young mums on bbc three.. I coulden't believe the two 14 year old twins one pregnant and one allready given birth with there patners living in the same house.. and there poor mum and dad having to sleep on the living room floor to make room for them.. AUWFUL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    No honey that's not how it works. These children are accidents.
    Funny that, considering I know someone who planned a baby at 15.
    She has the money, the family support, and the gorgeous thing is loved so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    ****s, that don't have the responsibility to look after a child, and generally end up bringing the rest of their family into the whole thing, and living off benefits because they cant get an education to earn the money they need to support a family because they had a child so early.

Wait till you got your A-Levels at least, at least then you can make a go of a decent career and actually support your family.
    Takes 2 to tango, though. The onus is on both the guy and the girl when it comes to practising safe. So whilst the girl should have kept her knickers on, the guy should have been more responsible, so it's not fair to blame just the girl.

ReputationRep:
    Funny that, considering I know someone who planned a baby at 15.
    She has the money, the family support, and the gorgeous thing is loved so much.
    I have never met anyone who did that. That's very rare.

I feel sorry for the girl. There's more to life then kids!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    So much win.
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    If I said what I really think, I'd probably be banned for swearing so much.

ReputationRep:
    they're a disgrace to teenagers everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Takes 2 to tango, though. The onus is on both the guy and the girl when it comes to practising safe. So whilst the girl should have kept her knickers on, the guy should have been more responsible, so it's not fair to blame just the girl.
    Mm, I probably should have phrased that better, I meant the couple, rather then just the mother, it definately does take two, my bad.

ReputationRep:
    I have never met anyone who did that. That's very rare.

I feel sorry for the girl. There's more to life then kids!
    Don't! She's absolutely fine. Her parents help her look after it, the baby has what it needs and her friends are all so supportive. She can go out because they hire a babysitter or her mum can help look after it every now and then. She is also going to do A-Levels because there are facilities for looking after babies there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    OP, are you pregnant?
    Nope. I'm a teenage mom.

I'm starting uni in Sep where i won’t know anybody. I wanted to get the general opinion of what people thought of the idea and what they’re going to think of me when i tell them.

Meeting people is going to be a lot harder i understand as i feel most people will generalise me as a '****' (which is not the case).

It’ just interesting to know the general opinion on the subject matter.

ReputationRep:
    imo some people stereo type teenage mothers far too often, ive seen a fair few teenager's with children who have been amazing parents.... it just seems to be that its always the bad ones that get talked about and publicised, causing this overall stigma.
    Have no real problem with teenage fathers, as long as theyre supportive towards both the child and mother and actually stick around

ReputationRep:
    Don't! She's absolutely fine. Her parents help her look after it, the baby has what it needs and her friends are all so supportive. She can go out because they hire a babysitter or her mum can help look after it every now and then. She is also going to do A-Levels because there are facilities for looking after babies there.
    How lovely. She couldn't wait until 30 :rolleyes:

She'll regret it in a few years... uni?

ReputationRep:
    :ninja:benefit claimers:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    How lovely. She couldn't wait until 30

She'll regret it in a few years... uni?
    You forget, not everybody has to go to Uni. You can climb the career ladder if you put in time and a lot of effort without a degree.
    In the time it takes to achieve a 2:1 you could established yourself in a proffesion. That said, a degree does help in many ways and I plan to work for one myself.

I don't think she's going to go to Uni. She will most probably get a job at 18/19 and live quite comfortably.

ReputationRep:
    No problem with them at all. Aslong as they bring up the child in comfort, care, love etc then theres no worry! It's 'mistakes' that pees me off, child suffers due to selfish parents.

ReputationRep:
    You forget, not everybody has to go to Uni. You can climb the career ladder if you put in time and a lot of effort without a degree.
    In the time it takes to achieve a 2:1 you could established yourself in a proffesion. That said, a degree does help in many ways and I plan to work for one myself.

I don't think she's going to go to Uni. She will most probably get a job at 18/19 and live quite comfortably.
    I know. My friend is training to be a manager at McDonalds... at the age of 19! She got E/Fs at GCSE though, so she had a lack of future options...

"She will most probably get a job at 18/19 and live quite comfortably" :eek: She doesn't have one?? And she won't live comfortably on minimum wage during a recession!! She'll get lot of benefits for her and her child...

Doing A Levels? What a waste of intelligence...

ReputationRep:

Is the childs father around? Did he also want to have a baby?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.