(Original post by Trigger)
    I'm pretty sure im just fat.
    boomboom:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperKell)
    boomboom:yes:
    Well im disappointed at how unfunny you are *unsubscribes*

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a set view on teen parents.

I have a lot of friends with children, who aged between 14 and 18 when they had them [a handful now have two or three children and are not yet 20]. In most cases, I think it has been a fairly positive thing as they are wonderful with their children although I sometimes worry that they have 'grown up' too soon losing out on the chance to explore their own dreams etc before settling down.

Most of my friends who have had children have been lucky enough to have their partner stick around/plan the pregnancy/adapt to parenthood well. For some of them I am almost envious as I would love a child though I know I am not in a fit situation for which to have one. There are one or two who have had problems - bad partners [including one who turned out to be a violent, drug addicted sex offender!] etc - who I think would change things if they could turn back time. I think that is a sad situation to be in.

So, generally I feel as happy for them as any other parent but I do worry that they have done "too much too young".

ReputationRep:
    If they love and care for the child then more power to them, but those who end up with millions of children because they think contraception sucks need a reality check.

My parents were teenagers when they had my sister and 21 when they had me 5 years later, and they've been amazing parents overall. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    People can do what they want. You shouldn't prejudge anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I think of them as being stupid to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a teen mum and, personally, I think I'm a good mother. I love my daughter more than anything in this world and the bond we share is amazing! I'm really lucky in that I'm still with her dad & that he is incredibly supportive. She was unplanned, but I don't regret having her - she's my world!

ReputationRep:
    If they're not living off benefits and can look after the child competently, then I see no problem with it.

Though I suppose this isn't the case most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamm-O)
    I think it's disgusting.

Teenage girls who can't keep their legs together for 5 mins or at least use protection deserve any STD they get, but the poor child usually ends up suffering because of its mothers mistake.

To me, guys who go around sticking their end in some dirt instead of committing to a loving and meaningful relationship represent the lowest point of humanity.
    I was on the Pill & we used a condom and I still got pregnant! They're not 100% effective you know!

My boyfriend and I were, and still are, in a loving and meaningful relationship. He adores our daughter and would anything for her, as would I.

We don't live off benefits, nor do we live in a council house. Our families have been incredibly supportive, to the extent that my boyfriend now lives with my family!

I'm predicted 4A* and 4A at GCSE, which I believe is pretty good as I've missed a couple of months of school.

Also, I am going to college in September to study for A-levels in Maths, Chemistry and Biology. Hopefully, I will also go to study some sort of science degree at University.

I wish people could see that not all teen mothers are slutty chavs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamm-O)
    great so you are not even mature enough to use a condom properly yet you think you can parent a young child.

You're not even 18 for crying out loud. You legally can't do certain things yet, you're not an adult, And I bet it is YOUR parents who are doing all the hard work. You are technically still dependent on them. Neither you nor your partner have a secure income.

It's hard enough for a student to keep a work-study-life balance and on top of that you have a baby to take care of.

When you get to uni, all the students will be carefree and will be having a nice time, while you will be stuck raising a child. You can't study, work, enjoy uni life and raise a kid.
    How can you prepare for exams if you must wake up every few hours for a feed. Or does 'grandma' do all the hard work for you?

Many relationships tend to go pear-shaped once you get to uni. They drift apart when they meet new people, their interests may change. So what if this doesn't work out? Then what of the poor child who will end up being the one who suffers?

Maybe you should at least have waited until you settle down, have a secure job and your own household before you decided to drop your knickers for him.
    Grandma most certainly does not do all the work! I get up at 5:30am every morning to ensure that Holly is bathed, dressed and fed before I see to myself. I've worked incredibly hard, not only at school, but also at home so that Holly gets the best start in life.

I'm not going carry on, as I don't need to justify myself to somebody whom I have never met & doesn't know a thing about my situation or indeed raising a child.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt many teenagers plan to have kids, but if they are taking responsibilty then I think its absolutely fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahhhh09)
    Grandma most certainly does not do all the work! I get up at 5:30am every morning to ensure that Holly is bathed, dressed and fed before I see to myself. I've worked incredibly hard, not only at school, but also at home so that Holly gets the best start in life.

I'm not going carry on, as I don't need to justify myself to somebody whom I have never met & doesn't know a thing about my situation or indeed raising a child.
    Ignore him.
    You've done incredibly well in managing to raise a child at such a young age, I'm the same age as you and certainly could never have done it! So many young people would abort a child, however the fact that you kept the child, knowing how much it would affect your life is commendable, as is the fact that you missed time of school yet you are predicted such high grades!
    Well done. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheans1992)
    Ignore him.
    You've done incredibly well in managing to raise a child at such a young age, I'm the same age as you and certainly could never have done it! So many young people would abort a child, however the fact that you kept the child, knowing how much it would affect your life is commendable, as is the fact that you missed time of school yet you are predicted such high grades!
    Well done. x
    Thank you It's lovely to hear a postive comment every once in a while!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    No honey that's not how it works. These children are accidents.

YIPPEEEEE im an "accident" nicely put. my mum and practically most of my family end up having teen babies so by not getting pregnant and going to uni im the odd-ball

my step neice asked me the other week how old i was, then asked whether im going to have kids soon, then asked why not when i said no, followed by a your an adult now shouldnt u have kids (shes 11, i felt a mixture of sadness and hope for the girl)

but tbh alot of these kids are unplanned, i was but that doesnt mean that they cant be good parents to their kids and bring them up well and love them. in a way im greatful my mum had me at a young age, shows that she faces the consequences of her actions and would give up her youth to bring me up rather than doing the easy thing and killing me off. whilst they should have been more careful i admire the ones that end up as good parents, everyone makes mistakes it depends on how these mistakes are dealth with

ReputationRep:
    Not good. All the idiots at school got pregnant. There seems to be a trend between stupidity and teenage pregnancy, I mean, when was the last time you saw a teenage mother at school like bloody Juno? They're all Jeremy Kyle types.

ReputationRep:
    I have a couple of friends that have had children in the past year and one of my friends is currently pregnant. If it's what they want then I don't mind. They both have the support of their familys and their kids were unplanned. However, I don't agree with teenagers (usually the ones that lack prospects) who get pregnant just so they are able to get a flat, money ect It's just an abuse of the benifit system.

ReputationRep:
    They tend to be fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Legacy 1)
    They tend to be fit.
    no, no they really don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el scorcho)
    no, no they really don't
    Maybe not in Ireland but in greater London, they're pretty smokin'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Legacy 1)
    Maybe not in Ireland but in greater London, they're pretty smokin'

yep nothing more smoking then undereye bags, post baby weight, stretch marks and oh yeah, the baggage that comes with being a teen mother.

dont mean to be harsh but tbh i find more jeremy kyle types rather than juno ones that have kids young; not to say they are all like that, but alot are

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.