Turn on thread page Beta

YOUR view on teenage mothers? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wasted potential.

So cynical towards human attitude.

ReputationRep:
    I think people should get over the whole thing tbh. As long as they love and look after their child, who cares?

ReputationRep:
    we need compulsory abortions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i like tea)
    YIPPEEEEE im an "accident" nicely put. my mum and practically most of my family end up having teen babies so by not getting pregnant and going to uni im the odd-ball

my step neice asked me the other week how old i was, then asked whether im going to have kids soon, then asked why not when i said no, followed by a your an adult now shouldnt u have kids (shes 11, i felt a mixture of sadness and hope for the girl)

but tbh alot of these kids are unplanned, i was but that doesnt mean that they cant be good parents to their kids and bring them up well and love them. in a way im greatful my mum had me at a young age, shows that she faces the consequences of her actions and would give up her youth to bring me up rather than doing the easy thing and killing me off. whilst they should have been more careful i admire the ones that end up as good parents, everyone makes mistakes it depends on how these mistakes are dealth with
    Look, I don't care if you care, this is a old post and the truth is, few of these kids are planned. I came earlier then my parents hoped too (they wanted to travel first) so meh.

ReputationRep:
    My opinion varies; if they had an accident, like the condom split and are really trying hard to be a good parent then i have quite a bit of respect for them for keeping the child and doing the best they can for it, having children is a big responsibilty and in my opinion without a good reason abortion is bit like running away from the consequences of your actions. People who can't be bothred with contraception, can't keep their legs shut or just want a council house i think are disgusting, if they think that way in the first place they aren't mature enough to care for a child and probably cannot look after it well and won't be setting a good example.

ReputationRep:
    my opinion is i think they are selfish most the time and idiots trying to prove something irrelevant.

first of all, i think abortions before a certain amount of time, is perfectly fair, normal, and reasonable. as far as im concerned, calling it a 'life' is stupid, a cat, a dog, my nails, my hair, are all cells that are 'alive' and technically have a 'life' that grow. just because its human cells, doesn't mean it's a crime to get rid, otherwise based on that theory, a woman is murdering her cells everytime she bleeds per month, and so is a man who wastes his sperm.

anyway..

if the following is part of a teenage mothers scenario:

single parent - 'father' expressed immediately he was not ready to be a daddy, or did not want children, or to have a child with that person.

has no decent financial support from family members who are willing, and plans to support the baby with child support/benefits etc

is younger than 22

wants to prove something by having a child

wants a child for selfish reasons

IS an idiot.

thats my opinion.

i have reasons..

ReputationRep:
    It really nice to hear people stand up for ''teen mums''. I myself am a ''teen mum'' and it makes me sick to think then when i tell people this they get an image of a chavvy young girl with a cheap pram and a child with nike trainers on. I was 17 when i fell pregnant with my son Zachary Libertine and me and my partner who had been together for a year decided to keep it. My partner was 23 so older and maturer however when i found out i was already in college and planned to still attend. I then had my son in february of 2009 had a difficult birth resulting in a c section, despite this i returned to mu college course 3 weeks after. Im a devoted mother and when it comes to housing benefit etc... We receive none our rent and council tax is paid solely by us and we receive no more benefits than anyone else who is earning well. My son had a bugaboo denim cameleon which all in all came to just under and grand...

so my point is when someone says teen mums please dont tar us with the same stereotypical image as trust me we are NOT all like this.

ReputationRep:
    Disgusts me. Simple as. Wasted life, for both them and the baby. Unless they are completely financially stable, shouldn't be happening

ReputationRep:
    Mixed - some people do an absolutely stella job, some.. all I can say is poor kid.

Everybody's different

ReputationRep:
    It's their choice as long as they can manage their lives and bring up their babies in a healthy, happy, fulfilled environment. You'd be surprised at how mature some of these 'young' girls really are - more so than their 'older', drunken counterparts.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.