Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

China... Best places to visit? watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been to China?

If so what regions are best to visit? I'd only want to spent about 3 weeks there so maybe 3 places would be plenty!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn_the_page_day_by_day)
    Anyone been to China?

If so what regions are best to visit? I'd only want to spent about 3 weeks there so maybe 3 places would be plenty!

Thanks!
    Click here for the bit about China on the TSR travel guide.

There's countless places to visit. I really don't know where to begin. Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong are popular tourist destinations. But they're not the only places worth visiting. There's literally loads of places that you can visit. Where are you flying to? Shanghai? Beijing? Hong Kong? What are you interested in? culture? food?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn_the_page_day_by_day)
    Anyone been to China?

Thanks!
    Beijing
    Xi'an

Maybe Shanghai.

And not mainland China: HK without a doubt, very different. Don't miss HK.

ReputationRep:
    I just came back from china!

Ok, so Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Hong Kong, those are the places that everyone goes to...

But if you like nature/photography then you should really go to Gui Lin, its one of the worlds most beautifull places, just google image. I just cam back from there and i really would recommend it!

ReputationRep:
    I was in HK two weeks ago - I went to Shenzhen for a day but I much prefered HK

ReputationRep:
    terracotta warriors was big big big let down.

Chengdu is mega ace. GO TO LESHAN AND SEE THE GIANT BUDDHA

ReputationRep:
    Hong Kong is a must, even if it's really a very separate place to China. In mainland China I'd definitely recommend Yangshuo, near Guilin. It's very touristified but still, the scenery there is like nowhere else in the world. Rent a bicycle there and get a balloon ride if you have the money.
    Chengdu is worth a visit, particularly as a base for exploring the surrounding province of Sechuan.

Jim

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above, do not miss Hong Kong & Macau. If you enter Hong Kong from China and wish to re enter China you will need a double entry visa. I'd advise flying into Hong Kong and starting your trip there (the flight will probably be cheaper and you will save money on the visa).

My personal favourates from China were: Yangshuo (near Guilin as above), Hong Kong, Beijing (the sites not the city), Shanghai & surrounding towns/cities. Xi'an was nice too, different.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.