Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jack Wills currently have a sale on... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varciani)
    Ohh ok. Reminds me of Harrods then.
    Nah, Harrods at least has some nice things.

I tried to find one item of clothing (barring jeans and underwear) from Jack Wills that I would want to wear, and found nothing. Although their blazers are perfect for dressing as a rah for fancy dress :yep:

ReputationRep:
    over rated and over priced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnie3526)
    Just in case you didn't know!
    A sale is no excuse for looking like a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Now I can dress myself like a pretentious **** for less! Thanks OP!!

ReputationRep:
    Are the sort of people who shop there really going to care how much it costs? If anything, they'd probably prefer if there wasn't a sale and it cost more, which would allow them to further show off how rich they are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Are the sort of people who shop there really going to care how much it costs? If anything, they'd probably prefer if there wasn't a sale and it cost more, which would allow them to further show off how rich they are
    Actually rich people shop in boutiques or have clothes tailor made. Sorry but huge logo = tack. Plus, maybe it's just me, but their clothes just look like frumpy pyjamas. I wouldn't really pay that much for lounging round the house clothes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sorafdfs)
    Actually rich people shop in boutiques or have clothes tailor made. Sorry but huge logo = tack. Plus, maybe it's just me, but their clothes just look like frumpy pyjamas. I wouldn't really pay that much for lounging round the house clothes.
    I'm not talking about ridiculously rich though, just those for whom their money outweighs their sense by quite a bit

ReputationRep:
    lol i can't remember any other issue which angers tsr members than this ..

i think the thread should be changed to why do people really hate Jack Wills or A & F, for the matter
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Varciani)
    Ohh ok. Reminds me of Harrods then.
    Blasphemy!!! Harrods is at least actually decent.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The slightly disconcerting thing - I find at least - is how so many people here comment on the sort of person who purchases Jack Wills as opposed to the actual clothing.

I sense a fair bit of inverse snobbery...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmellyCat16)

i think the thread should be changed to why do people really hate Jack Wills or A & F, for the matter
    answering that question would be like finding the holy grail of tsr. At the risk of annoying people, i reckon it's probably because the type of people who in general use TSR aren't your JW/AF wearing type, they are the stay at home internet non-sporting type/never met girls type - judging on the frequency of threads that appear on how to talk to/meet/kiss/sleep with girls. Personally, nothing makes me happier than bowling around in their seriously comfy tracky bottoms and a rugby shirt.

ReputationRep:
    O Rly?!
    So does everywhere else, it's sale season! Topshop has a sale too, a thread is needed.
    Jack Wills sale is rubbish aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Expensive ugly clothing and homewares reduced? Hmmm still expensive and still ugly...£80 for a single bland looking duvet cover?!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Havers)
    thats cheap!! like i bought some superdry joggers the other day for £50 and there are well worth it! and jeans are normally like 40 - 100...last pair i got was 140 but that was stupid!! but 30 is good for some phants.
    Pants = Underwear

ReputationRep:
    Jack Wills - fugly clothes with ridiculous price tags.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmellyCat16)

I actually wear A&F a lot of the time, whereas I wouldn't touch Jack Wills with a 10 foot barge pole.

ReputationRep:
    THANKS
    I like the shirts in there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Nah, Harrods at least has some nice things.

I tried to find one item of clothing (barring jeans and underwear) from Jack Wills that I would want to wear, and found nothing. Although their blazers are perfect for dressing as a rah for fancy dress :yep:
    Never been in Jack Wills though they have a massive store near me down Kings Road. I see to many of those blazers in Edinburgh, the fancy dress idea is a top one haha, I would only ever go as a last resort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom B.)
    Pants = Underwear

oh. well that is a tad over the top then haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Havers)
    i bought some superdry joggers the other day for £50 and there are well worth it!
    Superdry joggers are the best joggers everrrr! The Jack Wills ones are nowhere near as good. I do like some JW stuff though, I've bought a cardi in the sale.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.