Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got all the other relvent work experience/voluntary work needed. But i'm lacking in hobbies/extra curricular stuff. i'm thinking of taking up yoga classes, would this be a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    dont over estimate the importance of ECs on your PS - i.e dont take up things just to put it on ur statement, make the most out of what you have done - concentrate on your exams - make sure you get the highest possible AS grades

ReputationRep:
    They dont care what you do. Just do something.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it just for the sake of putting it on your PS - they just want to know that you have an outlet for stress. If you don't enjoy it then there's no point. I'm sure you have at least one hobby you can put down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LetoKynes)
    Don't do it just for the sake of putting it on your PS - they just want to know that you have an outlet for stress. If you don't enjoy it then there's no point. I'm sure you have at least one hobby you can put down?
    i have like 3 but feel its not enough, esp seeing as i want to go to imperial. I don't have any 'real' hobbies as such, like playing cricket or playing an instrument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyropink)
    i have like 3 but feel its not enough, esp seeing as i want to go to imperial. I don't have any 'real' hobbies as such, like playing cricket or playing an instrument.
    If you don't mind me asking, what are the three?

Don't feel obligated to have a sport or instrument, I'm sure they appreciate some variation once in a while :yes:

If you think you'll have a good time at the yoga classes then by all means give it a shot It's something different from the usual extracurriculars

ReputationRep:
    Have you not done anything extra at your school?

ReputationRep:
    oo good - so you wanna get into imperial - well for your information the top three dont care what so ever about you yoga or anything like that! Maybe some of the lower unis might.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie123)
    oo good - so you wanna get into imperial - well for your information the top three dont care what so ever about you yoga or anything like that! Maybe some of the lower unis might.
    Lol for the love of god what do they care about then?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Lol for the love of god what do they care about then?! :confused:
    Ignore him.

Do yoga if you want to. Simple as.

ReputationRep:
    Do yogo if you want to.

What is a good extra-curricular activity? The answer is one that you can relate to studying medicine and being a doctor. What skills (comms, team, reasoning, leadership, responsibility, etc.) do you gain from your extra-curric that you can apply to being a doctor?

ReputationRep:
    yogo teaches you to be flexible, macca.

ReputationRep:
    it teaches you 'umility too, when you are the worst in front of a class of experts (who appen to women, somehow compounding the problem).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Do yogo if you want to.

What is a good extra-curricular activity? The answer is one that you can relate to studying medicine and being a doctor. What skills (comms, team, reasoning, leadership, responsibility, etc.) do you gain from your extra-curric that you can apply to being a doctor?
    I did yoga and was thinking of using that, and I think it helps you relax which is useful for a doctor :unsure: I'm not sure I will use it my PS :p:

ReputationRep:

Oh, sorry. Yoga? Yeah, I'd see no reason why they wouldn't take that as a valid activity - just don't overplay it too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Do yogo if you want to.

very good answer :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.