Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ^ I can choose from these two for economics.

ReputationRep:
    Flip a coin

ReputationRep:
    Durham!

ReputationRep:
    TCD is the better uni.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The big question: Ireland or England?

Personally... I don't really know. They're both good universities overall, and I would say have similar strengths in economics. It really is a question about location.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go to Durham personally. I would consider Durham to be the better Uni (although I don't know what the world rankings say) and it has a very good economics course (or so I'm lead to believe) also, Dublin is super expensive. Either way, both can help get you to where you want to go.

ReputationRep:
    Durham. It's so preeeetty

ReputationRep:
    Dublin if you're in search of the craic

ReputationRep:
    Both lovely cities (well, Durham looks lovely from pictures, I haven't been to it but Dublin's great) and both top unis.

Dublin is incredibly expensive though, probably on a par with London and you won't get any extra loan money for it. Also, with the exchange rate at the minute it's probably even more expensive.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ Apparently stuff in shops (that are common to UK and Ireland) can be up to 40% more expensive in Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so this is serious now. I got accepted to BESS ( Bussiness, Economics and Social Sciences) yesterday.

BESS program is not like Durham L100 economics. First year you study:
    Economics
    Political Science
    Organizations and management
    Sociology
    Mathematics and statistics
    Law or Language

And then you choose what degree you want to receive. You can choose from 4 single honor degrees and 6 joint honour degrees.

ReputationRep:
    Well, what do you want to do in later life? BESS is a good general degree, but if you want to be an econoimst (and know that for sure) then you should do the pure economics course as the more economics the better.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I have no idea what i want to do in my life. I am thinking BESS might be better for me, because i would have more options.

ReputationRep:
    u can choose to do single economics at TCD, same as single honours at durham..nice uni too TCD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.