Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What is a recorded delivery and how long do they take to make a letter?

ReputationRep:
    You can track the package, and the recipient has to sign for it. I think its speed still depends on the stamp on it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the speed is still the same as first or second class. Its all exactly the same as normal post, but requires a signature at the other end. There is also special delivery which is guaranteed for the next day (obviously not on a sunday) and needs a signature at the other end too. It can also be tracked, and has a higher insurance value placed on it.

ReputationRep:
    Recorded can't be tracked as the details are only entered once it has been delivered (or failed to be delivered if that's the case).

ReputationRep:
    The clue's in the name, bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dijobla)
    The clue's in the name, bro.
    some people are a little slow.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, package is recorded, any person who receives it has to sign for it. This means that there can be no arguing over whether they received it or not.

I think you also get insurance up to £70, but don't quote me on that one.

Its exactly what it says on the tin . . . .

Everything's been answered so I'll just add that the insurance is 10 times the cost of a first class stamp so it's covered for 39 pounds not 70.

It goes as a normal first or second class stamp and the only difference is that you get a signature so it's hardly safer than a normal stamp.

Feel free to ask anymore questions.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.