Turn on thread page Beta

How to meet fidel castro? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riz_K)
    thats very sad to hear
    She isn't the only one, I have heard too many stories like that, unfortunately.
    Charging Fidel Castro with the deaths of his relatives, Cuban-American Red Sox third baseman Mike Lowell declared last night: “I hope he does die.”

“Castro killed members of my family,” Lowell told the Herald before last night’s game against the Cleveland Indians at Fenway.

Some news reports have suggested the Cuban dictator, nearly 80, is gravely ill after undergoing surgery for intestinal bleeding, even as Cuban news media say he is recovering. He has handed power to his brother, Raul Castro.

Lowell, 32, recounted the trauma the Castro regime has caused his family.

“My dad had to pack up his suitcase at 10 years old with his three brothers, who had nothing. And my mother was 11 years old and my grandfather, who’d been a dentist for 15 or 20 years, had to go back to school to be (politically) re-educated,” Lowell said.

“My cousins were political prisoners. My father-in-law was a political prisoner for 15 years because, at 19, they asked him if he agreed with communism and he said, ‘No,’ so they sentenced him to death. That’s not the way to live. I know it’s terrible to say, but I think of all of that and I hope he (Castro) passes away.

“I don’t care if he dies,” Lowell said. “There are so many people who have died because of him and there’s been so much wrongdoing and so many human rights violations that I hope he does die. That sounds bad, but it’s the truth.”
    Maybe you should find a new hero, Riz_K?

ReputationRep:
    Look right, there are hundreds of situations in which many have experienced bad situations which ave affected their lives and families. I never said Castro is a saint, no one is. In order to defend him I could list articles and individual cases of many individuals who have been abused by states such as the US etc.
    This is not the point.

The issue of human rights violations can always be argued against him and so can it for every other leader in the US such as Bush etc.

The whole reason for this thread was to get realistic ideas of meeting the legend. I know its more or less an impossible dream but I would appreciate to get ideas rather than opinions

ReputationRep:
    Get a job in the CIA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riz_K)
    thankyou Ito725 at least someone agrees that he was a genius. Anyway ive changed this thread so I dont want any arrogant c**** TO POST ON THIS THREAD
    Hitler was a genius too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    Hitler was a genius too.
    Unlike castro the majority of his subjects were doing well under his rule before and even during the war. He was elected also unlike may others. Curiously whats your taughts on Napoleon, Alexander the Greate, umm pretty much anyone other than Ghandi? Or the Church.

this thread is not meant to discuss. "oooo, hes evil, he killed people, hes a very bad man, and you are bad because you want to meet him" its a how could you meet him thread.

ReputationRep:
    so any ideas on how to meet him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fixesin)
    I'm sorry why do you want to meet fidel castro?

To kill him...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.