Turn on thread page Beta

Could I possibly be pregnant...? watch

Announcements

About 2 months ago, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. I got my period 1 or 2 days later, but it was unusually light, and I haven't had one since. I am usually quite regular. Could I possibly be pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Despite having a period afterwards, even?

ReputationRep:
    You said yourself it was "unusually light".

But your question was "Could I possibly be pregnant?". You had unprotected sex.

OF COURSE YOU COULD BE PREGNANT

I suggest you go and take a pregnancy test.

Okay, will do. Thanks. Just needed some reassurance that I wasn't over-reacting.

ReputationRep:
    My pleasure.

ReputationRep:
    There is a high probability you could be.

ReputationRep:
    You could work out what time your cycle you had sex and if your egg was ready to be fertilised or not... But yes, do a pregnancy test anyway.

(Original post by Eden09)
    You could work out what time your cycle you had sex and if your egg was ready to be fertilised or not... But yes, do a pregnancy test anyway.
    And how would I go about working that out? Just wondered if it was possible if I'd had a period after I'd had sex.

ReputationRep:
    Having sex usually means theres a chance you may be pregnant.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    And how would I go about working that out? Just wondered if it was possible if I'd had a period after I'd had sex.
    You're most fertile two weeks after your period, but it is possible to get pregnant any time.

You need to take a test, it is possible you are pregnant, although it could be stress delying your period.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to go against whats been said here and say that by 2 months into pregnancy, youre going to know yourself weather youre pregnant or not, given your body will already have undergone changes - breast changes, often cramping pains like period pains, and by month 2 you can probably start seeing the bump. If you havent noticed by this point, chances are youre not pregnant.

However, if youre concerned, get tested and put your mind at ease, Im not a doctor (yet) and regardless, based upon 2 lines of text there is no way to know with any certainty either way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin101)
    Im going to go against whats been said here and say that by 2 months into pregnancy, youre going to know yourself weather youre pregnant or not, given your body will already have undergone changes - breast changes, often cramping pains like period pains, and by month 2 you can probably start seeing the bump. If you havent noticed by this point, chances are youre not pregnant.

However, if youre concerned, get tested and put your mind at ease, Im not a doctor (yet) and regardless, based upon 2 lines of text there is no way to know with any certainty either way
    This isn't necessarily true.
    Some women can not know they are pregnant right up until the day they give birth.

However OP, the idea of sex is to have babies.. so by having sex, there is a definite chance of babies.. or STD's..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.