Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Since results day is getting pretty near, ive been thinking more and more about the possibility that I may not get AAB and will have to say bye bye to Medicine 09 :/

My questions is what course could i apply for either through clearing or by reapplying next year could I do that would allow me to go on as a post grad and apply for medicine, I know the obvious one is biomed however I'd like to know if there are any other courses out there that are suitable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donc, je suis.)
    Well, (I was looking at this recently), Oxford for instance suggest courses on their site such as: *copies and pastes*

Anatomy
    Anatomy with Physiology
    Astronomy
    Biochemistry
    Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
    Biomedical Science
    Biology
    Botany
    Chemistry
    Chemical Engineering
    Dentistry
    Earth Sciences
    Engineering
    Experimental Psychology
    Geology
    Human Biology
    Human Genetics
    Human Sciences
    Immunology
    Marine Biology
    Medical Sciences
    Molecular Biology
    Molecular Genetics
    Microbiology
    Neuroscience
    Neuroscience with Psychology
    Pathology
    Pharmacology
    Experimental or Applied Physics
    Physiology
    Physiology with Philosophy
    Physiology with Psychology
    Plant Sciences
    Experimental Psychology
    Veterinary Pathogenesis
    Veterinary Science
    Virology
    Zoology

Pretty comprehensive: hope this helps! Some unis accept any degree course, but most prefer a biological science subject , and often have a list of acceptable ones.

Good luck!
    Thank you
    I was starting to panic a tad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waterwings)
    Thank you
    I was starting to panic a tad
    In my university a lot of those courses were lumped together in the first year and considered just Biomed! (i.e. physiology, anatomy, genetics etc)

ReputationRep:
    In my considered opinion, there should only be one 'back-up' - fix what's wrong and reapply.

ReputationRep:
    i wish i culd do astrophysics macca.

ahh, the stars.......the stars.....

ReputationRep:
    Work on application and reapply next year, like Renal said

If you're applying and really want to do medicine in the first place, I think you should have the determination to give it another go

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.