Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya. I just found out I got a job at TK Maxx after an interview on Monday as a part time sales assistant. I'm excited but really nervous as well. Has anyone done this kind of job before? What duties did you have?

It's just my previous part time jobs have gone badly so I'm a bit nervous! :o:

ReputationRep:
    Hi i got an inetrview on wednesday. please can you tell me what questions did they ask and have you got any advice for me. thanks. i really want this job.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm working there at the moment but am leaving soon and can't wait. I mean its ok, but I think you need a particular personality for retail and I definatley don't have it. There's the tills, fitting rooms and 'recovery' which basically means tidying up. If you work till stoer closes you can't leave till the whole shop is tidy, which can get annoying. As a new worker you don't really get to say when you work, its really up to them. I'm on an 8 hour contract but I've gone through 2 weeks of not having a day off! Most people are nice, but you do get some not very nice people. Just remember that its nothing personal and that they're rude to everyone. I find that most people leave after a couple of months, so most of the long term people have been there for years and are really cliquey. You will make mistakes, so don't be too hard on yourself. And always look busy!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mickael1991)
    please can you tell me what questions did they ask and have you got any advice for me.
    The questions were based almost all on past experiences like, tell me about a situation where you think you delivered good customer service... tell me about a time when you worked well as a team...

There were only four or five questions like that and they might ask you questions about the stuff on your CV.

Good luck!

(Original post by Xeren)
    Yeah, I'm working there at the moment but am leaving soon and can't wait. I mean its ok, but I think you need a particular personality for retail and I definatley don't have it. There's the tills, fitting rooms and 'recovery' which basically means tidying up. If you work till stoer closes you can't leave till the whole shop is tidy, which can get annoying. As a new worker you don't really get to say when you work, its really up to them. I'm on an 8 hour contract but I've gone through 2 weeks of not having a day off! Most people are nice, but you do get some not very nice people. Just remember that its nothing personal and that they're rude to everyone. I find that most people leave after a couple of months, so most of the long term people have been there for years and are really cliquey. You will make mistakes, so don't be too hard on yourself. And always look busy!!!
    Hi

Thanks for the reply. I got the job and have just done my third weekend there. I'm only on a 4 hour contract and have just done Saturdays and Sundays so far for four hours at a time. The people are lovely but I've worked in environments where people have been a bit cliquey before so I know what you mean!

I do feel like I'm doing everything wrong at the moment but I'm always hard on myself so I think that's the problem more than anything. It's just the small things like, yesterday I found out nobody told me you have to take the size symbols off the hangers before putting them in the correct cupboards lol! I think I worry too much

Anyhoo, there's not much chance of having nothing to do, the place where I work is quite busy and I understand what you mean about having the right personality, I couldn't do it permanently.

ReputationRep:
    lol good old tk maxx, the only good thing about it is the staff/banter, and the occasional hilarious customer. gutted about my paycut since the reshuffle though!

ReputationRep:
    yes!! i just got the job at my tk maxx store. excited but really nervous. anyone know if the contracted hours are fixed or on rota???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mickael1991)
    yes!! i just got the job at my tk maxx store. excited but really nervous. anyone know if the contracted hours are fixed or on rota???
    They're on rota I think. They're your minimum hours, they can call you and ask you to do more. Also, well done

ReputationRep:
    Yeah in my store 8 hour contract is usually 12-20 when it comes to it.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.