Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi TSRers,

    I have an ongoing problem with regards to an overpayment that the Student Loans Company want back (a figure of about £650). They claim that I left uni early when in fact I finished my 2nd year and then stopped the course in the summer (I didn't earn enough credits to continue).

    The point is, I shouldn't pay the sum to SLC as I was in full attendance during that term they say I left early. Having traced back to where the problem was, my former uni made the mistake so I told them to send a letter to clarify this matter, which they apparently did to the LEA.

    Now SLC are threatening to do more (I don't know what) if I don't pay up. I thought the letter would be enough but I'm totally confused. The Student Finance England CS person said that the overpayment still stood as the LEA hadn't got back to them.

    So my question is, do I have to go to the LEA and sort it out there. I don't know what changed since I applied for grants back in 2006 but SFE are telling me that the LEA don't deal with the problems but the SLC tell me to sort it out with the LEA.

    Any help is appreciated especially if you know what sort of action SLC will take. Thanks.
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.