Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Now this ain't H&R but I want to be anon, so maybe mods could move it somewhere else and leave it anon or leave it here or delete it (person in question posts here).

Basically 7 people and I signed up for a house, one housemate is a nightmare and we arnt even living there. Is there any way to get them out, or are we stuck with em?

ReputationRep:
    All of you that are unhappy could find another flat?

I mean like, we've signed contracts, is there any way to break those kind of things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I mean like, we've signed contracts, is there any way to break those kind of things?
    Look up the definition of contracts.
    Unless you give slightly more information there is little advice to give. I realise you can;t give too much away as the person in question uses TSR, but try anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I know its hard, but where would that other housemate live? Would they be completely alone? Lose a deposit? Do they even have time to find another place this close to the start of term? Would you be able to find someone to fill in their place? It's not really as simple as cutting them out. Have you had proper talks with them about their behaviour?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on whethe you're living in a house of multiple occupancy or not... If you have seperate tenancy agreements then you have no control over the matter as they have signed a seperate contract with the landlord... you can ask them to leave, but the landlord may insist that either the person in question, or the landlord themselves find a replacement tenant.

If you have a joint contract then you can ask them to leave but its then your responsibility to find someone else to fill the gap.. who the landlord must also approve of.

ReputationRep:
    Well, there is 6 of you and one of them. How about a taste of their own medicine?

ReputationRep:
    If you break the contract you could get sent to court or fined. If you did move in with said person if they did anything really bad like threaten you you could maybe report them to the landlord and see what he/she did.

Thanks guys, I have no idea what kind of contract we have i'l find out.

I can't really say why this person is so bad cause it will give it a way, i mean we can live with them if we have to, but would so prefer not to given their behaviour

ReputationRep:
    youve signed a contract, stick with it
    living with people you dislike is all part of the university experience.

ReputationRep:
    Is the person in question just annoying you, or the whole group? If she's annoying the whole group, surely you could bring it up and see if you can come to some sort of arrangement (depending on contracts etc.)?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazija)
    youve signed a contract, stick with it
    living with people you dislike is all part of the university experience.
    That's actually quite true!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.