Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think he is being selfish.

I think both male and female genitals (and human bodies in general) are pretty fabulous and fun things, and I just don't comprehend people thinking a vagina is a simply too unpleasant to stick their tongue in.

But if you want to be with someone, you have to make compromises. Is he satisfying sexually apart from this? Or is he reluctant to do anything other than a dull routine of suck and ****?

ReputationRep:
    Some love it, some hate it and many just put up with it. However, since I'm the first I can't really help haha. Does he know how much you love it?

ReputationRep:
    "I've tasted myself and I taste fine..."

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Ask him what his craic is. If hes tried it though and dont like it then tough **** really.

Also, all these bra burners saying dont give him head, give me a break will you? Sex isnt about getting even and if it is youre doing it for the wrong reasons you freaks.

If you like giving him head regardless of whether hes buffing your muff then dont be a spiteful cow and go down on him.

If you care that much, get rid of him.

if it were me i'd dump him.
    i really don't think i could live without receiving some good oral at least 5 times a week. wish i could do it myself

seriously though i love it, cannot get enough

soooooooooooo many girls give head when they absolutely hate it. and if you're doing a good job then you're likely to get a bit out of breath! it's just ridiculous. a blow job is a standard expectation in most guys eyes :|
    maybe your boyfriend feels like he's not getting enough of a reaction from what he's doing. i know my exes have needed to see i was enjoying it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougLTFC)
    Exactly, he'll soon realise that you only get what you give.
    Damn right man! =D

ReputationRep:
    don't give him any blowjobs. btw i think all girls smell like fish. as for the taste..i don't like how i taste. but my last boyfriend did. i donno.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    Probably just shoved a finger (or two) down her vulva while being wet, I suppose. First, you need to widen the space between the labia minora, then make an intravaginal insertion of digitus medio proximus, for example, and then place it in your oral cavity. By making use of circumvallate papillae you will be able to verify the taste of the vaginal mucus.

:yep:
    such precise anatomy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imorose)
    Grow up. At least OP recognises that it's only fair to have checked herself before expecting her boyfriend to go down there.

OP, if you're clean and don't notice an offensive smell yourself (and have ruled out the chance of any infections like thrush or BV) then perhaps you can't really help how your boyfriend feels. It may just be the pheromones you give off, your personal scent, that he doesn't like and that can't be helped. Or he could just not like doing it in general- if he says he can't breath then there may be issues with technique. Tell him to focus on the clitoris, then his nose should be clear to breath?!

If he's adamant that he doesn't like it, then you're going to have to decide whether you can live without it- can you be satisfied with him sorting you out in other ways?
    Are you serious?!
    From what I can interpret, you seem to be suggesting that it is normal to taste yourself and that everyone does it, whereas I have never (and certainly don't intend to) stick my fingers inside me and then put them in my mouth.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should try; nothing sexier than a girl masturbating in front of her boyfriend, taking her fingers out and sucking them :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    Are you serious?!
    From what I can interpret, you seem to be suggesting that it is normal to taste yourself and that everyone does it, whereas I have never (and certainly don't intend to) stick my fingers inside me and then put them in my mouth.
    I agree, I wouldn't like to taste my own thing :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious?!
    I've given my boyfriend head after he has been inside me before, tasted it that way. Its a bit nasty though, the last time I did it I kind of washed him with a some water from a cup by the bed, much nicer.

ReputationRep:
    Get a new boyfriend, love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    I've given my boyfriend head after he has been inside me before, tasted it that way. Its a bit nasty though, the last time I did it I kind of washed him with a some water from a cup by the bed, much nicer.
    I love that kinda rudeness :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    Oh, maybe the OP meant she tasted it like that then, I probably just misinterpreted it for something else.

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious?!
    Does your boyfriend/would you like your boyfriend to carry out cunnilingus on you?

Just an innocent question, because if he does it wouldn't be fair that you'd want him to taste a part of you that you havent even tasted.

But if he doesn't then I can see the fairness in your point.

ReputationRep:
    i recommend a pressure washer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floofy)
    Does your boyfriend/would you like your boyfriend to carry out cunnilingus on you?

Just an innocent question, because if he does it wouldn't be fair that you'd want him to taste a part of you that you havent even tasted.

But if he doesn't then I can see the fairness in your point.
    Then by the same token, how many guys do you think have tasted their genitalia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chp89)
    me and my boyfriend were in bed last night and he was going down on me (Hes done this about 5 times before but doesnt do it for long and always comes up with an exuse to stop. I really really enjoy it though but last night he did it for a bit thne refused to carry on but wouldnt say why, he eventualy told me that he doesnt like how it tastes and cant breath properly when doing it.

I got really offended and upset, and imbarrresed, i want him to enjoy doing it, i dont understand why he says i taste funny, im very clean and definetly dont smell, and ive tasted myself and i taste fine it hardly tastes of anything. I dont get what the problem is .. r many guys like this? Were both virgins.

I also find it very unfair because i am always giving him blowjobs and it doesnt seem fair that i get nothing in return.
    Firstly, unless he told you that you were a 'filthy cow' (or something equally rude), you have no right to be offended.

Not everyone likes all sexual acts, just as not everyone likes all kinds of food. If he doesn't enjoy giving oral, that's just a fact about him. No point getting upset or feeling as though it is unfair. How would you feel if you hated blowjobs and yet your boyfriend got really upset and offended when you said you didn't enjoy them?

As for taste - just because he doesn't like it that doesn't mean he's somehow accusing you of being dirty or whatever. I don't like the taste of semen but that doesn't mean my boyfriend is unclean. I don't like beansprouts. That's life.

It's also not a matter of 'fair'. Unless your sexual relationship is totally lopsided (he's only in it for self gratification, never does anything you like, etc etc) then you're just going to have to deal with the fact that there are some things he doesn't like.

If you can convince him to work with you on improving oral sex, great. He might be willing to experiment to learn how to breathe properly and he might get used to the taste. However, he doesn't have to do this to be a good boyfriend and you shouldn't expect it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.