Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I get a well done and a hug. I don't really expect any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    Bull.
    Nope, it's quite true. But its SGD not pounds.

ReputationRep:
    I got £1K for my 4 A's at A level

I was offered another £1K if I got into Oxford but alas, one hurdle too many

ReputationRep:
    no.
    im indian. other indians will sympathise with me. lol

ReputationRep:
    No reward just happy to escape punishment - the bitter dissapointment etched on their faces

ReputationRep:
    they gave me £500 for my GCSEs but refuse to give me anything for my A levels :dry: ****** up logic, I say.

ReputationRep:
    I got money for A levels. My older brother wasn't very good academically, so my dad offered him money for his results. In the end he didn't make much money out of it (For each exam, C or above was +money, D or below was -money). So it came round to my turn to do A levels and my dad decided to keep the same rules to be fair, and I ended up making 600 pounds. Bought a Martin acoustic guitar so I had something to keep with me that actually meant something (money in itself is fairly pointless).

I also got a load of travelling equipment for my gap year as a graduation present, which I wasn't expecting at all. Not sure if that really counts as a reward for good results though. It was more of a general passing a milestone gift.

My dad always has preferred to give a few big worthwhile presents at significant times rather than giving me and my brother pocket money. Some people may see it as being spoilt, but then again the people whose parents paid for driving lessons + car got a lot more than my dad gave to me. It's up to parents how they want to distribute their money, no point judging the kids for that.

ReputationRep:
    No. I don't see why they should, either.

And I find it's always the kids who whinge about EMA who get a couple of hundred quid reward for their results...

ReputationRep:
    "Well done" followed by hugs etc.
    My reward and I don't mind it that way

ReputationRep:
    I knew someone who was getting paid £100 per A* for their GCSES

I got a bottle of champagne for my A-level results, but that's about it. My birthday's always around results day (is on results day this year in fact) which takes out some of the present-receiving factor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph708)
    I get a well done and a hug. I don't really expect any more.
    Amen.

ReputationRep:
    When I got my GCSEs they bought me a phone and paid for it for 18 months...
    I don't think i'll be neccessarily rewarded for my A levels but they are kinda giving me money for the first few weeks of uni so I dunno if that counts :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    My mum says well done, that is about it. Surely the fact you got a good grade is a reward itself.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going out for (hopefully) a celebration meal with family, then they'll go halves with me on the cost of a meal with my friends.

ReputationRep:
    my parents dont quite care ... or rather, they are used to me getting top marks so i get barely ever any reward ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubstepper)
    no.
    im indian. other indians will sympathise with me. lol
    i am with u bro.... but still we do get given a lot of other things in many other ways due to our traditions and culture..P

ReputationRep:
    Sort of. I got a sewing machine for my GCSEs (which were good for my school). I got nothing for my AS and A levels, but I got a meal when I got into Uni this year.

ReputationRep:
    Well they say well done and that enough, I dont see why I should get money for doing something for my self but they did take me out for dinner when I got into uni coz they new how much I had worked towards it and how happy I was

ReputationRep:
    Never; they actively encourage me not to give a toss

ReputationRep:
    I got £20 and told to go and have a nice meal when I got 6 and a half A*s, 2 and a half As, and B at GCSE, plus an A at an AS level (did it at high school).

Some people I know got far, far too much for their results.

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.