Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a laptop for my GCSE's :yes: but not expecting anything for my A levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    No. They say if I'm not doing it for myself then I'm not doing it for the right reason.

They will make an odd excuse though, oh we'll pay for this dinner/whatever seeing as you've been working hard/doing well. But it's not regular and I don't expect it.
    This is exactly whyI think it's ridiculous when people get rewarded for getting their results.

ReputationRep:
    I think some people take it too far, I know kids who got hundreds of pounds for getting into senior school!

I got a card off my mom for my GCSEs I think, for AS levels she bought me a top (about £12 I think) for me to wear to go out that night to celebrate, for A-levels I had a balloon and a card. I think it's nice to get a card as I've kept them all

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I get money or product for good results, which is great.

ReputationRep:
    I got £100 for my GCSE results. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs I got £10 for each GCSE I got C or above in.

A Level: a digital camera

For the end of my degree they are going to buy some tickets to the west end for us to go after my graduation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cconstant)
    Yeah I doubt I'll be getting those grades, I screwed up Economics which means I need full marks in my last exam to get a B, so C is realistically the grade ill be getting.
    So Ill get ABC (with some luck) which means I'll be groveling at Kent's feet on the 20th haha
    You don't know for sure (you may not have messed up that badly) until...two weeks tomorrow :eek3:

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    No
    ..well I got a pen-knife after my GCSEs. Does that count?

Someone in my year managed to convince her parents that she was so stupid that they gave her £100 for every A* at GCSE - I know that she got at least 5, maybe more. Now that's just ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly whyI think it's ridiculous when people get rewarded for getting their results.
    Maybe at degree level, but at GCSEs the majority of people are just doing it because it has to be done. If you're a parent, and don't want to have your kids spounging off you, it may be prudent to give them some sort of reward for great results which will lead them to getting a better job.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. We went out for a meal after GCSE results, and I do believe I got a card as well, wayhey! I wouldn't expect any more than that though.

ReputationRep:
    i get plenty of praise
    but if you're talking about like actual gifts that i can return for money.
    No.

ReputationRep:
    for gcse's, my mum took me to see Wicked in the westend, last minute tickets the next day, which cost about £25 plus travel, so i was well happy with that! For AS i got £20 as I was going out for a meal and then to town, so it was to pay for that, but neither 'rewards' were things arranged before.

ReputationRep:
    iPhone WTF!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetlovinchick2k1)
    GCSEs I got £10 for each GCSE I got C or above in.

A Level: a digital camera

For the end of my degree they are going to buy some tickets to the west end for us to go after my graduation.
    lucky you.

ReputationRep:
    Haha no

No

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a "well done" which is good enough for me I guess :grin:

ReputationRep:
    My parents gave me xbox 360 for my As Level grades. I have to admit I'm not spoilt. Even though my parents gave me the money, I always gave it back to my parents to put it in my saving account(now, I put it in myself). My parents alway promise me something for a sense of motivation eg laptop, new phone, console games, rarely on cash. For this A Level, for every A, I'll get 100pound.

ReputationRep:
    will and grace box set - oooh yhhh

ReputationRep:
    Well I was supposed to pay for my Reading ticket last year, but when I got my GCSE results (the same day I went to Reading) they said don't worry about paying them back, which was pretty cool of them.

My boyfriend's gran gave him a fiver for every C and above he got at GCSE, quite a good system I reckon.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.