Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I pretty much got a mumbled 'well done' on getting my AAA for A-Level lol.

I don't particularly mind really, until a friend/fellow student tells us how he got X amounts of presents. I'd appreciate a smile of approval at least lol.

That really makes my parents sound evil, they're not lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itszednotzee)
    Yeah, monies

Certain amount per grade - (don't remember the exact amounts but something like)
    A- 40
    B-20
    C - 10
    D- 5

Or something.... hmmm... :holmes:
    you get money for a D? i would get punished!
    my parents dont really give me any money for any grades though..

ReputationRep:
    Can I just ask: what would TSR see as a reasonable reward for 10 As?

So I don't have to spawn another of these threads.

ReputationRep:
    I got an ipod for my GCSE's a coat for my AS's and im not sure if i will get anything this year, i get cards from other family members also

ReputationRep:
    Nope, never have and never will. Personally, don't see the point. You shouldn't get the idea that if you do well you will automatically be rewarded there and then, doesn't happen like that in life. Do think, however, that it is a good motive for people to revise.

Also, a fiver for a D? I would be kicked out of the house if i got a D!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Can I just ask: what would TSR see as a reasonable reward for 10 As?

So I don't have to spawn another of these threads.
    a pat on the back. In the extreme cases a 'well done'

ReputationRep:
    I got full UMS score once, to which my parents reply was 'oh, is that good?'

...i got a balloon once, i think, year 9 SATs maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustYourTypicalBlonde)
    I got full UMS score once, to which my parents reply was 'oh, is that good?'

...i got a balloon once, i think, year 9 SATs maybe
    Last year I got 100 in my C2 maths which I took in Yr 11. We went out for a meal and after I had explained the UMS system my Dad spent the rest of the meal saying my 100 meant nothing because it wasn't actually 100%, just 100 UMS. :o:

ReputationRep:
    i got £50 after GCSEs and was well chuffed, bought me plenty of celebratory drunk inducing liquids

ReputationRep:
    Not really-"you're not doing it for money"

ReputationRep:
    My mum always said they wouldn't get me anything which I was completely ok with. A lot of my friends were given a silly amount of money for their results! As it happens though, she bought me a silver bracelet with two green emeralds (ive got green eyes so she says thats why she picked it) and I love it because I can keep it forever! Nothing for AS and don't expect anything for A levels. Although my best friend (who happens to be 34) often randomly rewards me...she bought me a phone for getting into cambridge...a purse for finishing my exams...a necklace and chocolates at GCSE time... and that's lovely because she really doesn't have to x

ReputationRep:
    No, can't remember the last time I performed vigorously.

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't your reward be a sense of personal satisfaction? For me, its that more than anything else. Although, going out for a meal is nice :-)

ReputationRep:
    i get nothing. my mother shows little interest in my education.

ReputationRep:
    Well, no not directly. They lent me some money to go into town with some friends and don't expect me to pay it back or work for it so I guess that counts. Other that that, no, I generally don't get a reward for good results except for a well done.

ReputationRep:
    i got an apple for my gcse results ...

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, the results are rewards themselves. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, my reward is not getting a beating.

Only kidding. Nah no reward, as my parents have always told me they'd support me whatever, but getting the grades will open many doors which I guess is my own personal reward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itszednotzee)
    Nope, it's quite true. But its SGD not pounds.
    Oh. :mmm:

Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. For my gcse's they didnt even ask what grades I got that day. But about a month later they wondered what I got because they heard my cousin got some good grades. When I said, they said what mine were, they said 'oh they are okay but how come didnt get 6 A's like XXXX did'

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.