Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got 9 A*s for GCSE, and I was told off by my parents, saying that if I worked harder I would have got 10 A*s (I had one bad exam, I mistimed the exam and I still got an A). They didn't really say well done, in fact they thought I underperformed.

Then when I got As for AS, they criticised me saying they weren't high enough, and why I hadn't scored over 90% in each subject.

I wish I were kidding, but I'm not. . Never even said well done to me.

ReputationRep:
    My mum took me shopping after my S-Grades. My parents bought me a MacBook for my Highers as my old laptop had broken and I needed a new one for my year at college, and an AllSaints dress for getting into uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itszednotzee)
    Yeah, monies

Certain amount per grade - (don't remember the exact amounts but something like)
    A- 40
    B-20
    C - 10
    D- 5

Or something.... hmmm... :holmes:
    Do they not expect you to do well or something? Because 40 bloomin quid per A...

EIther that or they're rich rich rich!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayel)
    Do they not expect you to do well or something? Because 40 bloomin quid per A...

EIther that or they're rich rich rich!
    Apparently it's Singapore dollars according to earlier posts. Which I've looked up on the currency converter and $40 is £16. So it's not too much really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inspirations have I none)
    I got 9 A*s for GCSE, and I was told off by my parents, saying that if I worked harder I would have got 10 A*s (I had one bad exam, I mistimed the exam and I still got an A). They didn't really say well done, in fact they thought I underperformed.

Then when I got As for AS, they criticised me saying they weren't high enough, and why I hadn't scored over 90% in each subject.

I wish I were kidding, but I'm not. . Never even said well done to me.
    OMG- I guess they want you to do well in life.
    I'm saying it to you now even though I'm not your parents-

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :congrats: :yes: :rolleyes: :p: :woo: :cool:
    quite an achievement

ReputationRep:
    For my GCSEs they had a system of a certain amount of money for each grade but they didn't expect me to do so well so ended up cutting it off at 100 quid :P For A levels i think if they could afford it they would but it's just not possible now

ReputationRep:
    My parents are generally in a good mood for the rest of the day, which is worth gold to me.
    Even though I have been an underachiever (in comparison to my potential, not to national standards) for the last 4 years, I still do well which is good enough.

They'll say well done and the family then might spend the evening sharing anecdotes, laughing and generally being merry; as a result of parents good mood rather than the results directly. An evening together with the family like that is nothing special or out of the ordinary, but results day normally just ensures merriment occurs - even if circumstances have left them miserable and grumpy (as so often happens). I'm looking forward to results day this month, my parents have been in a foul mood for a multitude of reasons and it is starting to become a real drain.

As for money, I heard about other peoples' parents making 'agreements' like that and I don't mind. It's just not the kind of thing that would happen with my family, it's... not the kind of relationship we share. I'd find it really odd if they offered to make a sort of unwritten contract like that. *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    My parents bought me a PS3 when I got 4A at A2. But I sold it off on ebay before i went to uni...

ReputationRep:
    They punish bad ones. Does that count? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Sort of. I got a sewing machine for my GCSEs (which were good for my school). I got nothing for my AS and A levels, but I got a meal when I got into Uni this year.

:eek: Just seen your signature - that's where I lived for my first and second years! You're lucky The bar used to be where there's a study space now (I think), it was good there

To answer the question...I didn't get anything for my results apart from a 'well done', and rightly so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c0nfus3d)
    OMG- I guess they want you to do well in life.
    I'm saying it to you now even though I'm not your parents-

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :congrats: :yes: :rolleyes: :p: :woo: :cool:
    quite an achievement
    lol!

But thank you, I really appreciate it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    They allow me to continue living with them rent-free (this is no joke)

Whether or not this is a reward is debatable - it will most certainly be my punishment should I miss both my uni offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    "the results themselves should be reward enough".

LOL :rofl:

Anyway if i get good grades then my dad takes us out for dinner. And im actually pretty content with that.

ReputationRep:
    No but I am trying to get a present.

ReputationRep:
    About £1000 every A* for GCSE and £800 every A

No.

ReputationRep:
    My parents award "good" grades with a lecture about if i had worked harder i would have "great" grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    About £1000 every A* for GCSE and £800 every A

No.
    It can happen.

My brother got a stupid amount of money for his A-levels. He wasn't doing too well so my grandparents offered him £1000 for each A he got at A level. D: He got one which meant he still got a heck of a lot of money. He got £100 per A and A* at GCSE too which was 5 or something. He is spoilt rotten. Me? Oh, I get nothing except why didn't you get A*s?!?! 90%+?? ^^' So, no.

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    haha no but they punish bad results llol

ReputationRep:
    Yeh.....I get £100 for an A*, £50 for an A and nothing for anything else.

Waiting until the 27th! :eek:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.