Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Well, unless going out for a meal counts?

I'd say that getting into uni is a far bigger reward than anything my parents could really give me.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, I guess the sense of achievement and self fulfillment is better Why should parents reward you for what is your problem and your future? Sounds wierd.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    no..my dad says that i did it for myself so he shouldn't need to reward me..

Definitely not. There's no point.

ReputationRep:
    No They don't show overwhelming excitement, either... I'm always like, 'Hello! These are good results' and the response is usually 'Yes, well, it's not surprising'. No, maybe not, but it would have been without the damned hard labouring. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    my results were never good enough for them, so no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inspirations have I none)
    I got 9 A*s for GCSE, and I was told off by my parents, saying that if I worked harder I would have got 10 A*s (I had one bad exam, I mistimed the exam and I still got an A). They didn't really say well done, in fact they thought I underperformed.

Then when I got As for AS, they criticised me saying they weren't high enough, and why I hadn't scored over 90% in each subject.

I wish I were kidding, but I'm not. . Never even said well done to me.
    Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    no, apart from the odd well done and maybe a meal but if I did badly, that's a whole other story

ReputationRep:
    I do get a hug for good results, but the biggest reward was actually getting into university once and for all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    No. They say if I'm not doing it for myself then I'm not doing it for the right reason.
    is the whole point of u getting good grades is to get a better job so you can earn more money? if so then the right reason to get good results is to get money:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I wish my parents gave me money for doing well in education.
    I've just graduated and I got a jug of pimms to share with them and a congrats.
    The meal out with family was pretty bad (family meals never go well!)
    My mum did give me a necklace made with my birthstone.
    But I would have got this if I had the worst results... So the answer is probably no.
    I'd like to think by getting a degree etc I would be rewarded with a job... but an early warning for you guys- education means v.little to employers, they want experience!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is anything wrong with giving a reward for good results (within reason) as long as a reward isn't being used as an incentive to do well. It's up to the student/child to work hard and achieve results, good results are a reward in themselves.

I personally don't think I ever got given anything except a meal at a restaurant for getting into university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaimie.st)
    If so, how?
    i got a pay&go iPhone 3gS for doing my GCSEs and when I get my results I'm getting a car.. so i wasn't really rewarded for my results cos I haven't got them yet..I just got rewarded for doing my best I guess

ReputationRep:
    I got a Gameboy Advance for getting 555 in my Year 6 SATS but I think I was going to get it anyway. Nothing for GCSEs and most likely nothing for A Levels.

ReputationRep:
    I got a new football shirt and a meal out in year 10 when I did my GCSE Maths a year early, I had little extra spent on me for Christmas and a meal out for the rest of my GCSE grades, nothing for AS, my results from A2 is them giving me £3.3k a year whilst i'm at Uni, a new laptop and tv for Uni.

So yes - but none of it other than the £3.3k a year at uni was told to me before I did the exams etc

ReputationRep:
    I got a nice wee card. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I got £10 from my gran and a nice wee card. Sweet.

ReputationRep:
    nope, never have, never will. good results are rewards themselves according to my parents!

ReputationRep:
    Got me a nice mobile and a PS3 (joint with Christmas Pressie and Birthday, as they fall in the same time) It was a bit late...
    My Mum paid for school trip to Italy.
    And are paying for me, as an international student to the UK in 2010, based on my grades.
    Great gift right there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.