The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Me? No.

But I DO know a girl who got £100 per A* at GCSE.

I know, I know. It's sickening. Especially since she got mainly A*s.
Yep, usually with money :smile:

I'm from a family of 5 children and 4 of us have recently sat exams/had results so I'm not really expecting anything this year.

I've just done my GCSEs, my sister Rosie has done her AS levels, Holly's done her A-levels and Emily has just graduated so it's only right that they get more of a reward than me tbh :smile:
no

but i think you feel the biggest reward yourself with good results :p:

we might go out for a celebratory meal though...:p:
Anon the 7th
no

but i think you feel the biggest reward yourself with good results :p:

we might go out for a celebratory meal though...:p:

We probably will too, or have a little party :smile:

I think 4 sets of results calls for a party!
not materialistically - last year they gave me a well done card and that is it. Although I did get a copy of the new James Bond book when I finished my exams
itszednotzee
Yeah, monies :biggrin:

Certain amount per grade - (don't remember the exact amounts but something like)
A- 40
B-20
C - 10
D- 5

Or something.... hmmm... :holmes:

You get money for Bs, Cs and Ds? No effing way...
Poppy1992
We probably will too, or have a little party :smile:

I think 4 sets of results calls for a party!

yeah how i read your post, how unfortunate

im the youngest of 3 (not so bad) but still ill always be the last to sit my academic exams out of us 3 and its like nothing new or exciting anymore :/ :p:

my parents still care though nevertheless :smile:
Yes. Moderately shamelessly :biggrin:
Reply 128
I got an iPod for my GCSE results, but that was more because I'd finished them than for doing well. Haven't even bothered asking them if they'd get me anything this year or next year, I'm not expecting to do well.
jaison2
i am with u bro.... but still we do get given a lot of other things in many other ways due to our traditions and culture..P

YES we do. im a girl. theres no bro about it :P
LOL
Long weekend in London with my Mum, dinner in a top restaurant and an even ing at the opera after my GCSE's (the uninterupted time with my mum being the most valuable part of that on a personal level - and opera is a shared love). My Dad bought me the leather jacket I'd been lusting after.

After A levels, much the same story - different restaurant, different opera and boots instead of the jacket - but the same format.

Degree - same story

PHd - 4 days in NYC with my parents and my dad bought me a fountain pen which he had engraved (one of my most treasured posessions).

I never expected anything though, I only got the results that were expected of me!
nope, just a smile.
Reply 132
They say the good results are reward enough.
jaimie.st
If so, how?

yeah at gcse it was £30 for an A*, £20 for an A and £10 for a B,

pretty funny really cause they made this rule up when my eldest sister was at school and she got wayyy lower than B grades, they were a bit taken back when i get a mixture of A and A*s but a rules a rule :biggrin:
Nope, but then why do I need further reward for my good results? they are a reward themselves.
Nope

I got a "is that it?" for GCSEs :colonhash: and a "well done" for A Levels :p:
Yes. £100 for an A, £50 for a B and £25 for a C. Nothing for any less than that. My dad also gave money for GCSEs, but nothing major. Additionally said he'd buy me a brand new convertable if i got straight A*s, because he knew there was no chance in hell it would happen.
Seems kinda odd he only ever tells us about the reward after we've done the exams.
Reply 137
Yes, usually money:smile:
Reply 138
Dubstepper
YES we do. im a girl. theres no bro about it :P
LOL

sorry about tht...
Yeah but nothing extravagant, usually a meal or maybe something i want, like an xbox game or pair of jeans. I know some people who's grandparents and stuff give them like £50 for an A*

Latest

Trending

Trending