Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Me? No.

But I DO know a girl who got £100 per A* at GCSE.

I know, I know. It's sickening. Especially since she got mainly A*s.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, usually with money

I'm from a family of 5 children and 4 of us have recently sat exams/had results so I'm not really expecting anything this year.

I've just done my GCSEs, my sister Rosie has done her AS levels, Holly's done her A-levels and Emily has just graduated so it's only right that they get more of a reward than me tbh

ReputationRep:
    no

but i think you feel the biggest reward yourself with good results :p:

we might go out for a celebratory meal though...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    no

but i think you feel the biggest reward yourself with good results :p:

we might go out for a celebratory meal though...:p:
    We probably will too, or have a little party

I think 4 sets of results calls for a party!

ReputationRep:
    not materialistically - last year they gave me a well done card and that is it. Although I did get a copy of the new James Bond book when I finished my exams

(Original post by itszednotzee)
    Yeah, monies

Certain amount per grade - (don't remember the exact amounts but something like)
    A- 40
    B-20
    C - 10
    D- 5

Or something.... hmmm... :holmes:
    You get money for Bs, Cs and Ds? No effing way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppy1992)
    We probably will too, or have a little party

I think 4 sets of results calls for a party!
    yeah how i read your post, how unfortunate

im the youngest of 3 (not so bad) but still ill always be the last to sit my academic exams out of us 3 and its like nothing new or exciting anymore :/ :p:

my parents still care though nevertheless

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Moderately shamelessly

ReputationRep:
    I got an iPod for my GCSE results, but that was more because I'd finished them than for doing well. Haven't even bothered asking them if they'd get me anything this year or next year, I'm not expecting to do well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaison2)
    i am with u bro.... but still we do get given a lot of other things in many other ways due to our traditions and culture..P

YES we do. im a girl. theres no bro about it :P
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Long weekend in London with my Mum, dinner in a top restaurant and an even ing at the opera after my GCSE's (the uninterupted time with my mum being the most valuable part of that on a personal level - and opera is a shared love). My Dad bought me the leather jacket I'd been lusting after.

After A levels, much the same story - different restaurant, different opera and boots instead of the jacket - but the same format.

Degree - same story

PHd - 4 days in NYC with my parents and my dad bought me a fountain pen which he had engraved (one of my most treasured posessions).

I never expected anything though, I only got the results that were expected of me!

ReputationRep:
    nope, just a smile.

ReputationRep:
    They say the good results are reward enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaimie.st)
    If so, how?
    yeah at gcse it was £30 for an A*, £20 for an A and £10 for a B,

pretty funny really cause they made this rule up when my eldest sister was at school and she got wayyy lower than B grades, they were a bit taken back when i get a mixture of A and A*s but a rules a rule

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but then why do I need further reward for my good results? they are a reward themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Nope

I got a "is that it?" for GCSEs and a "well done" for A Levels :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. £100 for an A, £50 for a B and £25 for a C. Nothing for any less than that. My dad also gave money for GCSEs, but nothing major. Additionally said he'd buy me a brand new convertable if i got straight A*s, because he knew there was no chance in hell it would happen.
    Seems kinda odd he only ever tells us about the reward after we've done the exams.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, usually money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubstepper)
    YES we do. im a girl. theres no bro about it :P
    LOL
    sorry about tht...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but nothing extravagant, usually a meal or maybe something i want, like an xbox game or pair of jeans. I know some people who's grandparents and stuff give them like £50 for an A*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.