The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Inspirations have I none
lol!

But thank you, I really appreciate it. :yep:

anytime :smile:
Reply 141
Depending on how well I do will determine how much my parents put towards my laptop. They wont be gving me much though, I'm paying for most of myself with money i get selling stuff on ebay!
Reply 142
mmm well we will probably have a meal out as a family - me and my sis getting AS results this year -- but we will do that whatever grades we get, D or A, I don't think my parents would ever give a different present based on the grade we get, there isn't that kind of pressure. but both my parents know my own personal goals and my sisters personal goals so will be sympathetic if we miss them, but we'd still have the meal out.

in March for January results my parents gave me £20 for a night out after results day, but that was only because I had just left my job so had no money, and if I had had the money to pay for myself to go out I would have done, they gave it to me because it was results night ordinarly they wouldn't have done, so I guess it was a reward in a way.

Reward from my parents is most defintley not my motivation to do well.
If I do well in a test or something at school they might give me a small treat of some sort... but we don't have set amounts of money or anything.
My parents took me out for a meal and my Dad gave me some money [about 6 months after results day - made a nice surprise :smile:]. My Grandparents were far too generous, guess they were proud of me... Shame I'll disappoint them with rubbish AS grades [I won't be able to stop them finding out].

My parents have told my brother that if he passes his GCSEs they'll buy him a car/mountain bike/whatever in an attempt to get him to pay attention to school.

ETA: all I'd like my parents to do this year is to stop me spending my remaining £2 before the 20th - I'll need it for chocolate [silly me being friends with people who get 100%].
Reply 145
Nope, not that I care they don't.
Reply 146
I know somebody who got paid £500 per A* at GCSE!

for me: I don't expect anything. I got a bit of money for my GCSE results and my mum had a little party with family/ friends and family friends.
Reply 147
So far, i've had perfect results, and I'm about to go into second year of uni. Never got anything :dontknow: My aunt gave me some money for GCSEs though.
GCSE's: "Why the hell did you only get an A in maths??...you could have done a little bit better, John." :/
I never got money or presents for good grades. My parents said well done and my reward for getting food GCSE results was that they were paying for me to go to a private 6th form. That was so much better than getting a bit of money, and they are also paying my uni tuition, so I guess that will be my reward for A levels next week.
I got a couple of hundred pound for quite average GCSE results. For my A-Levels I got zilch, despite them been pretty good.
jaison2
sorry about tht...

ill let you off.
plopSDCSDC
GCSE's: "Why the hell did you only get an A in maths??...you could have done a little bit better, John." :/

Can totally relate to this, this is how my Dad's going to be when I get my GCSEs. If I meet their high expectations, I might get something nice, if I don't, the rest of my summer's going to be hell.
Nope. I never understood rewarding for good grades anyway. I aim for good grades because I want good grades, not because my parents want me to get good grades (although naturally they do) or because I want something in return.
Reply 154
heyy just wondering are any of you getting rewards/money if you do well and get good grades..?

my brother got some money ( i dont know how much) so im hoping i will aswell :smile:

hopefully enough for a ps3 (yn) :biggrin:
I got naff all. :frown:

Had 1 A and 1 F and the rest in between.
I got a new phone (with contract) for my GCSE's.... hopefully a laptop for AS =D
Reply 157
I'm getting £200 if I get at least 10 As and 1 B
I'm also getting a car when I'm 18 if I get 6 A*s and 5As

Unfortunately, it is likely that I will get neither considering my bad luck :no:
Nooo im not getting any rewards if i do good :frown:
My mate got like £20 for each C, £50 for an A and £35 for each B or something like that. :|Wish I had motivation like that through school and college.

Latest

Trending

Trending