Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering does anyone know the voucher code for the Jack Wills website?
    I'm trying to buy a present for someone and it's pretty pricey!!
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Jack Wills: The only place they can have a sale and STILL be overpriced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    Jack Wills: The only place they can have a sale and STILL be overpriced.
    This :yes:

ReputationRep:
    LOL! she really want's this specific hoody and it's like £59!!
    I know way over priced!

ReputationRep:
    i just went on that site, the clothes are horrible lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Explaura)
    I know way over priced!
    Could you not get her like a £30/40 pound voucher to Jack Wills for the birthday, that way she could fork out the rest and you don't feel like a mug.

ReputationRep:
    I know way over priced!
    She asked you to buy that?! Hmm, some friend.

ReputationRep:
    Get her something from Hollister instead. Same kind of preppy look, but cheaper and actually... nicer.

Abercrombie > Jack Wills

If she wants it that badly she'll find a way to pay for it herself. It naffs me off when people dictate what presents they want. I prefer to buy something meaningful and not over-priced.

ReputationRep:
    Is it a friend or family member or girlfriend?

I would give gift vouchers to a friend (£15 max!) or family member, and possibly even girlfriend (though she may pout at that and guilt you into paying for the whole thing)

ReputationRep:
    it's my little sister and it's her 18th birthday, I want to get her this hoody cause it will seem like I spent a whole load of money like the rest of my family are for their individual presents. what a gay.

ReputationRep:
    She asked me for it for christmas, but I didn't get it. Now it's in the sale and she's asked for it again I feel I should :/

ReputationRep:
    I know way over priced!
    59 pounds for a hoodie is not over priced :lolwut:

Suck it up and buy it. Christ it's her 18th birthday and you think forking out 60 quid is too much? Some sister you are:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    just wait a while. they usualy take the prices down a few times in the sale!

ReputationRep:
    Is there any chance you could ask your parents for a small amount for it?
    How much were you looking at paying, or how much have you spent on everybody else?

(and as for it being overpriced - everything that I've ever bought from JW has lasted for years, I mean literally, three to four years and I still wear it fairly often - I'd happily pay £60 for a jumper that lasted that long, and most of my friends will buy £20 jumpers once or twice a year to replace the ones that have broken. Stupid, much?)

ReputationRep:
    Screw that I wouldn't buy that for my sister, thats like 3 weeks wages for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    59 pounds for a hoodie is not over priced :lolwut:

Suck it up and buy it. Christ it's her 18th birthday and you think forking out 60 quid is too much? Some sister you are:rolleyes:
    If you on a budget 60 quid for someone else is a bit much, otherwise stop being a tight *******

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    If you on a budget 60 quid for someone else is a bit much, otherwise stop being a tight *******
    Sister's 18th birthday though? Guess it depends on how much you like your sister :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Jack wills clothes are horrible, so much nicer clothes out there for the same price tag.

But anyway, buy her a jack wills voucher in your price range.

ReputationRep:
    for an 18th... remember... theres a 21st in a few years....
    x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.