Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering does anyone know the voucher code for the Jack Wills website?
    I'm trying to buy a present for someone and it's pretty pricey!!
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Jack Wills: The only place they can have a sale and STILL be overpriced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    Jack Wills: The only place they can have a sale and STILL be overpriced.
    This :yes:

ReputationRep:
    LOL! she really want's this specific hoody and it's like £59!!
    I know way over priced!

ReputationRep:
    i just went on that site, the clothes are horrible lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Explaura)
    I know way over priced!
    Could you not get her like a £30/40 pound voucher to Jack Wills for the birthday, that way she could fork out the rest and you don't feel like a mug.

ReputationRep:
    I know way over priced!
    She asked you to buy that?! Hmm, some friend.

ReputationRep:
    Get her something from Hollister instead. Same kind of preppy look, but cheaper and actually... nicer.

Abercrombie > Jack Wills

If she wants it that badly she'll find a way to pay for it herself. It naffs me off when people dictate what presents they want. I prefer to buy something meaningful and not over-priced.

ReputationRep:
    Is it a friend or family member or girlfriend?

I would give gift vouchers to a friend (£15 max!) or family member, and possibly even girlfriend (though she may pout at that and guilt you into paying for the whole thing)

ReputationRep:
    it's my little sister and it's her 18th birthday, I want to get her this hoody cause it will seem like I spent a whole load of money like the rest of my family are for their individual presents. what a gay.

ReputationRep:
    She asked me for it for christmas, but I didn't get it. Now it's in the sale and she's asked for it again I feel I should :/

ReputationRep:
    I know way over priced!
    59 pounds for a hoodie is not over priced :lolwut:

Suck it up and buy it. Christ it's her 18th birthday and you think forking out 60 quid is too much? Some sister you are:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    just wait a while. they usualy take the prices down a few times in the sale!

ReputationRep:
    Is there any chance you could ask your parents for a small amount for it?
    How much were you looking at paying, or how much have you spent on everybody else?

(and as for it being overpriced - everything that I've ever bought from JW has lasted for years, I mean literally, three to four years and I still wear it fairly often - I'd happily pay £60 for a jumper that lasted that long, and most of my friends will buy £20 jumpers once or twice a year to replace the ones that have broken. Stupid, much?)

ReputationRep:
    Screw that I wouldn't buy that for my sister, thats like 3 weeks wages for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    59 pounds for a hoodie is not over priced :lolwut:

Suck it up and buy it. Christ it's her 18th birthday and you think forking out 60 quid is too much? Some sister you are:rolleyes:
    If you on a budget 60 quid for someone else is a bit much, otherwise stop being a tight *******

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    If you on a budget 60 quid for someone else is a bit much, otherwise stop being a tight *******
    Sister's 18th birthday though? Guess it depends on how much you like your sister :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Jack wills clothes are horrible, so much nicer clothes out there for the same price tag.

But anyway, buy her a jack wills voucher in your price range.

ReputationRep:
    for an 18th... remember... theres a 21st in a few years....
    x

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.