Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    yeah it is... chemistry isn't too bad though, as long as you can memorise the typical answers there's a good chance of an A...
    Biology on the other hand required some actual thinking... as did maths, further maths and physics... same cant be said for GS. I did them all til A-level without any problems apart from a distinct lack of social life... And it would be worth knowing that I didnt get any interviews the first time either... It's based on luck sometimes...

UCL like a non sciencey subject in there as well... so you're good with economics in the mix... cambridge require chem and 2 out of bio/phys/maths... theyre the only ones I can remember the actual entry requirements for.

(Original post by Myiesha_90)
    chemistry isn't too bad though, as long as you can memorise the typical answers there's a good chance of an A...
    Biology on the other hand required some actual thinking
    I would have said the other way round. Biology was basically memorisation, for me, whereas I did have to engage my brain for chemistry. Each to their own though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Actually there are four medical schools which don't want chemistry at all past GCSE :fyi:
    I know but even they acknowledege they're unlikely to take u if u don't have chemistry unless ur some kind of Einstein and rly rly keen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    I know but even they acknowledege they're unlikely to take u if u don't have chemistry unless ur some kind of Einstein and rly rly keen.
    When did they say this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    If you aren't 'rly rly' keen you are pretty stuffed anyway frankly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    (just repeating what they said there)
    Names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Names.
    :lolwut: ummmm i don't remember their names! If i remember correctly there were admissions people from lancaster and sheffield (or possibly leeds...I wasnt that interested since i don't want to do medicine! but it was compulsory..) and also from a talk at oxford (i didn't go to it but my friend applying for medicine did). I'm not saying it's entirely necessary to take maths, im sure plenty don't, i was just repeating the general theme of what i heard :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.