Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i wanna apply for medicine next year as im sure loads of u also want to do lol im just wondering where all u guys are thinking of applying and why???
    x

ReputationRep:
    You're starting a thread without your own input, OP? Shame on you! :p:

Choosing a Med School

I can't help you make this decision - however, if you could narrow it down to a few choices maybe a few of the members here could give you the pros/cons of them

ReputationRep:
    the best thing for choosing hich med schools to apply to is to make a list of all of them and their entry requirements. cross off the ones with requirements that you dont meet and then cross off ones that you just dont want to go to. scrutinise the application process of the ones you have left very carefully, see which ones you think you will do best with (i.e. if you arent good with interviews but you have great academics then southampton may be good for you etc, if you buggered up your ukcat then choose somewhere that doesnt place a great emphasis on it). there shouldnt be many left to choose from but if there are still too many - pick your favourite 4!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dances_with_lamposts)
    the best thing for choosing hich med schools to apply to is to make a list of all of them and their entry requirements. cross off the ones with requirements that you dont meet and then cross off ones that you just dont want to go to. scrutinise the application process of the ones you have left very carefully, see which ones you think you will do best with (i.e. if you arent good with interviews but you have great academics then southampton may be good for you etc, if you buggered up your ukcat then choose somewhere that doesnt place a great emphasis on it). there shouldnt be many left to choose from but if there are still too many - pick your favourite 4!
    ^this is good advice, you should have a look; and should probably be repeated over and over again for anyone asking which medical school to pick, from now till mid october...

ReputationRep:
    make a list of what you want to do at med school

match the list to whats available at each location, and apply to the ones which you can qualify to get in, and matches your needs best.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.