Turn on thread page Beta

Girls!! How would YOU like to be aproached by guys in a club??? watch

ReputationRep:
    look at my sig and you will find the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    No, its just that online there are no real rules, and most ppl. are anonymous, so I don't have to bother being all nice and tread on eggshells...I can just say what I feel, which some ppl dismiss as chauvenistic or whatever - but is actually the truth.

And if you really wanted yo you could get the train up here - then you could tell all the ppl on this forum what a lej I actually am.
    Pure, Opus or Tiger Tiger? You would have to put me up for the night and im not sure I'd trust an internet randomer i've never met and have been ****ging off quite harshly for the past half-hour to look after me. I appreciate the offer though

You can be as un-PC and anti-feminist as you like; i was more commenting on your bragging about number of partners, seduction skills etc.

Expressing opinions that are a little out there (if im being honest I do agree with the odd thing you say) is one thing but people only brag because they want attention or validation, theres no other reason really. If you were a genuine modern day casanova, knowing that yourself would be all the validation you needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)

OP - Just introduce yourself, get talking. etc
    Yeah honestly there is nothing worse than a guy trying these chat up lines. Just say hey, how are you, can I buy you a drink. I always like it when a guy has the guts to do this.

Btw - girl in your sig is HOT. And yay for linking brunettes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiepeep)
    I remember one guy came over to me wearing a pink tutu and waving a wand, and offered to grant me a wish. Original, and it worked. But then I like quirky.
    I plan to use this for one day in Freshers maybe twice in freshers...

But spruce it up abit with my own lil humorous lines, should = Success

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Yeah honestly there is nothing worse than a guy trying these chat up lines. Just say hey, how are you, can I buy you a drink. I always like it when a guy has the guts to do this.

Btw - girl in your sig is HOT. And yay for linking brunettes
    Indeed she is Ha, you're welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    LOL

Do you look like Megan Fox? Why would such a man go for an "average Joe" like you? Some girls think too highly of themselves. :rolleyes:
    Now, I understand why guys like Megan Fox to **** over, but to actually go out with? Srsly? someone that fake? And those tattoos are just plain tacky..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    Indeed she is Ha, you're welcome
    *liking brunettes.

I am clearly a little soft in the head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    *liking brunettes.

I am clearly a little soft in the head.
    I did wonder what you meant... :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    On the dancefloor of a club, I generally don't want to be approached because there's something creepy about a guy just appearing and attempting to dance with me (though, admittedly, this has only happened about twice in my life).
    But in a bar, or a quieter area of a club, making a comment about the song, or the environment, or how busy it is - a simple, casual comment - is generally the way to snag my interest. Obvious chat up lines make me move away quicker than a ... very quick thing :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I really don't get the thing with a guy buying a girl a drink - I don't see how it's come about, or why guys do it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by santeria)
    I go clubbing to have fun with my friends not to be harassed and touched inappropriately! When will men learn this?
    Already have, darling.

Don't flatter yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    To be honest?

He has to be hot.
    Damn.

(Original post by Mata)
    Like Alexander Skarsgard genetically melded with Gabriel Aubry.
    Damn.

(Original post by Mata)
    With good hair and shoes.
    Damn.

(Original post by Mata)
    And at least 6'3".
    Damn.

(Original post by Mata)
    Because that's the only way I would connect with a man I'd never met before, in a room full of drunk people, where its too loud to have a decent conversation, and my shoes are far too high to make an effective escape. Yes.
    I will never talk to a girl at a club again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waheyyyy)
    I really don't get the thing with a guy buying a girl a drink - I don't see how it's come about, or why guys do it :confused:
    Yeh its a bit cliched and needy isnt it? I have female friends who go out and never have to buy themselves a drink all night because they can flutter their eyelashes and some doting admirer will bring them one.

I think the 'I'll buy you a drink if you buy me a drink. I'll try and guess what your favourite drink is and you do me' approach works best.

And you can always just get them a tap water if you want to take the piss

ReputationRep:
    The reality, however much girls protest, is this:

- girls who are single generally want to be approached, the ones who don't want to be approached are ones with boyfriends, even they would secretly like the idea of being 'eyed up'

- if the above wasn't true, girls wouldn't spend loads of money and time getting dolled up - unless they wear short skirts and heels for comfort

- whilst wanting to be approached, they reserve the right to be picky about who they want to approach them - ie guys who are good looking, confident and sexy. Unfortunately for most girls the majority of men who approach them in clubs don't fit into this category, and if a girl's not attracted she will quickly feel uncomfortable with drunken attention especially if physical contact is involved

- you will rarely find a single girl get offended if she is approached in a club by a male she finds attracted, regardless of how much she might insist "she goes to a club to dance and not to pull"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    No, I don't look like Megan Fox. She's white. I'm not vain, but I've pulled guys as hot as that in the past and its my standard for a 'random pull'. With a boyfriend, its less about looks because you actually have to live with the guy's personality day to day. Looks come second to sense of humour, charisma etc.

BUT

On a night out, looks take the cake because flirting with/dancing with/pulling a man on a night out is mostly about looks, and its nice to have a good memory of the face. And in any case, nobody puts on a cute outfit, heels and does their hair just to waste it on, as you put it, an "average Joe".

Edit: I realise I sound odd saying that, but its true! I believe if a girl has self esteem and values herself, she creates standards that she's happy with and that will leave her feeling good about herself after the pull has happened.
    So if a poor guy who happens to be a 'diminutive' 6' comes to you, you tell him to **** off because he doesn't quite reach your standards?

**** off. I'll count myself lucky. You may talk like you're another Megan Fox, but without a profile picture you can keep that notion to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    Pure, Opus or Tiger Tiger?
    Go Tiger lol, Pure sucks.

But yeah, local you do seem a little up yourself in some of the things you say... I do agree though, the girls on here are like "approach, state your name, bend over, then if we decide your are worthy you may offer to buy us a drink". No, why would any guy want to, in a sense, pay a girl to talk to him in a club? that's lame. no-one owes you anything, it's a shame some guys don't really understand that.

ReputationRep:
    sorry that should say "male she finds attractIVE" not "attracted"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    Pure, Opus or Tiger Tiger? You would have to put me up for the night and im not sure I'd trust an internet randomer i've never met and have been ****ging off quite harshly for the past half-hour to look after me. I appreciate the offer though

You can be as un-PC and anti-feminist as you like; i was more commenting on your bragging about number of partners, seduction skills etc.

Expressing opinions that are a little out there (if im being honest I do agree with the odd thing you say) is one thing but people only brag because they want attention or validation, theres no other reason really. If you were a genuine modern day casanova, knowing that yourself would be all the validation you needed.
    True. But I'm on a University campus right now and there is literally **** all going on - and winding ppl up is one of greatest talents...so i thought, why not indulge?

ReputationRep:
    And I don't see why the guys on this thread are getting so worked up about girls asserting that they have standards, they are only doing what we do.....guys are much more looks oriented, deep down, than girls are, this is what drives the cosmetic and fashion industry, girls know they have to devote a significant part of their lives to looking good because thats what they need to do to compete, whereas we don't.

The difference with guys and girls is that guys will entertain the idea of a bit of casual fun with girls they don't find that attractive more readily than girls would with guys. The stuff like going up to girls grinding in a club and being sleazy is usually what guys do to girls who they don't massively fancy, else they'd be too nervous, and also the fear of rejection and being made to look an idiot would kick in if it was a girl they were attracted to. Some lads will feel under social pressure from their mates to be seen to "get some", so they will aim at a standard of girl they think they can easily get, hence the bump and grind style dancing. Girls can probably pick up on this which is another reason why they're repulsed, because really they're being taken the mick out of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossManSingh)
    How hard? :awesome:
    Full power, plz.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.