The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah introuduce yourself and get talkng
just natural, :smile:
Reply 121
Local_United_Fan
Yada yada yada do this do that....wtf is this?

If one of you girls is lucky enough to get approached by me in a club it will be on my terms and I will do what I want. You don't like it? Then I'll give some other girl the greatest night of her life. BUY YOU A DRINK?? BUY YOUR OWN ******* DRINK I EARNED THIS MONEY BITCH - YOU AREN'T A HOOKER ARE YOU?

I swear feminism has made you girls into ****** pristine princess dictators and men into pussies.

i hate it when girls are like...so you gonna buy me a drink? ermmm y sud i?

i once picked a lass up buy just going over to her, my number on a beer mat and wrote under it 'mines a fosters'....15mins later....she came over with a fosters, wat a quality lass!!!!!
Reply 122
MagicNMedicine
And I don't see why the guys on this thread are getting so worked up about girls asserting that they have standards, they are only doing what we do.....guys are much more looks oriented, deep down, than girls are, this is what drives the cosmetic and fashion industry, girls know they have to devote a significant part of their lives to looking good because thats what they need to do to compete, whereas we don't.

The difference with guys and girls is that guys will entertain the idea of a bit of casual fun with girls they don't find that attractive more readily than girls would with guys. The stuff like going up to girls grinding in a club and being sleazy is usually what guys do to girls who they don't massively fancy, else they'd be too nervous, and also the fear of rejection and being made to look an idiot would kick in if it was a girl they were attracted to. Some lads will feel under social pressure from their mates to be seen to "get some", so they will aim at a standard of girl they think they can easily get, hence the bump and grind style dancing. Girls can probably pick up on this which is another reason why they're repulsed, because really they're being taken the mick out of.

are you a virgin?
MagicNMedicine
And I don't see why the guys on this thread are getting so worked up about girls asserting that they have standards, they are only doing what we do.....guys are much more looks oriented, deep down, than girls are, this is what drives the cosmetic and fashion industry, girls know they have to devote a significant part of their lives to looking good because thats what they need to do to compete, whereas we don't.

The difference with guys and girls is that guys will entertain the idea of a bit of casual fun with girls they don't find that attractive more readily than girls would with guys. The stuff like going up to girls grinding in a club and being sleazy is usually what guys do to girls who they don't massively fancy, else they'd be too nervous, and also the fear of rejection and being made to look an idiot would kick in if it was a girl they were attracted to. Some lads will feel under social pressure from their mates to be seen to "get some", so they will aim at a standard of girl they think they can easily get, hence the bump and grind style dancing. Girls can probably pick up on this which is another reason why they're repulsed, because really they're being taken the mick out of.

Da F.UCK are you blathering about??

Are you an actual virgin or what?
santeria
Right. I'm not going to deny that some girls want to be approached in clubs. But not every girl does. Believe it or not women are not some homogenous block of clones who all think and like the same things. If you actually live your life INFERING that all women who go to clubs want to sleep with you I imagine you'll get yourself into a bit of trouble.

Although you might find it 'hard to believe' I like to TALK to a guy and get to know him then see if I'm interested. I don't want to get with someone that might be a complete ****, it's not my style. I'm not going to judge other people who do that but that's just not something I'd be comfortable doing myself.

miss santeria, can i call you that? i may have said i find it very hard to believe, but i didnt say i didnt believe it, because i do, for the good reasons you just mentioned. but, thats the question, how would you liked to be approaced by a guy, then you say, i would like a guy to come up to me, not to hit on me, but to just chat and maybe have a nice coffee and talk about current affairs like interest rates and mp expenditure etc.
open wit somethin interestin. like opinion openers to get them talking or if you're confident enough you can open with anything to be honest. make yourself interestin and keep em hooked.talk to all her friends so that it doesn't looks so obvious that you're targeting her.make everyone she's with feel comfortable with you. Lastly, don't go into conversation thinking you're chatting her up, just think you are having a stimulating conversation and see where it goes. Do not buy a drink, it makes her seem as a prize and you are putting her on a pedestal, which makes the girl seem like you are easy and she would feel that she's above you.
So
a)make yourself the prize rather than her , so she chases you.
b)don't compliment her looks, make yourself different
c)don't buy her a drink
d) Do show that you're unique
e)Don't act needy, creepy or try and seek approval through bragging. Another turn off
Just show that you're not intimidated by her, or her looks and be a man!
Reply 126
Terry Acky
miss santeria, can i call you that? i may have said i find it very hard to believe, but i didnt say i didnt believe it, because i do, for the good reasons you just mentioned. but, thats the question, how would you liked to be approaced by a guy, then you say, i would like a guy to come up to me, not to hit on me, but to just chat and maybe have a nice coffee and talk about current affairs like interest rates and mp expenditure etc.

Fair enough. But I maintain that I don't want a guy to come up to me in a club. I don't think its really the kind of environment where you can get to know someone.
Reply 127
"Hi, I'm Wentworth Miller."
"Do me now."
Reply 128
Bleurgh
"Do me now."

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00010934.html

:frown:

Sorry.
Reply 129

I already know this. BUT I CAN STILL PRETEND. DO NOT RUIN IT FOR ME.
moreiniho
I lose a lot of respect for girls who expect drinks to be bought for them.

yes why should a guy be expected to spend 3-4 pounds on a complete stranger? you want a drink? your thirsty? sure i can go get you some water...i dont want to seem like a sleazy time whos trying to get a woman i dont know drunk :rolleyes: :woo:
Reply 131
hey...thanks for all the replies....and i am glad i managed provoke a few points about appearance lol
Bleurgh
"Do me now."

:awesome: you do Italian... WIN!
Reply 133
Emily069
:awesome: you do Italian... WIN!

Hell yeah!
I'm sitting the whole of A2 in January which could be difficult.
Bleurgh
Hell yeah!
I'm sitting the whole of A2 in January which could be difficult.

Yeah that's gonna be FUN!

I've done my exams, just waiting for the results now :eek:

Good luck with the translation exam. The one I had killed me on the inside...
Reply 135
Emily069
Yeah that's gonna be FUN!

I've done my exams, just waiting for the results now :eek:

Good luck with the translation exam. The one I had killed me on the inside...

Haha thanks. I'm just hoping for a good AS result, so that there's not quite so much pressure on for A2. I'm quietly confident though :biggrin:

Hope everything goes OK for you ;D
Bleurgh
Haha thanks. I'm just hoping for a good AS result, so that there's not quite so much pressure on for A2. I'm quietly confident though :biggrin:

Hope everything goes OK for you ;D

I did terribly at AS, think I got three marks off a C :eek3:

The good thing is that the jump between AS and A2 is really massive (bigger than the one between GCSE and AS if you ask me) so once you've been studying for A2 for 6 months, AS retakes are a complete and utter doddle.

I (re)took the exams for the entire AS and the A2 this summer. Fingers crossed!

Good luck with all your AS's!!!
Reply 137
Emily069
I did terribly at AS, think I got three marks off a C :eek3:

The good thing is that the jump between AS and A2 is really massive (bigger than the one between GCSE and AS if you ask me) so once you've been studying for A2 for 6 months, AS retakes are a complete and utter doddle.

I (re)took the exams for the entire AS and the A2 this summer. Fingers crossed!

Good luck with all your AS's!!!

Lol fair enough. To be honest with languages, I didn't find there to be too much of a jump from GCSE to AS, but it does look quite a bit harder at A2. I just really hope I can come out with an A in the end, and there'll be no chance to resit A2 because it's the very last chance to do A2 old spec in January :frown:
Bleurgh
Lol fair enough. To be honest with languages, I didn't find there to be too much of a jump from GCSE to AS, but it does look quite a bit harder at A2. I just really hope I can come out with an A in the end, and there'll be no chance to resit A2 because it's the very last chance to do A2 old spec in January :frown:

:O I didn't know that!!! Man, that sucks... stupid exams boards changing their specs...

I am not going to be getting an A... a B would be nice though...
Reply 139
Emily069
:O I didn't know that!!! Man, that sucks... stupid exams boards changing their specs...

I am not going to be getting an A... a B would be nice though...

Lol you never know. But yeah it does suck. Oh well, I'll just do what I can, it will take quite a bit of pressure off my June exams though.

Latest

Trending

Trending