Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls!! How would YOU like to be aproached by guys in a club??? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    :O I didn't know that!!! Man, that sucks... stupid exams boards changing their specs...

I am not going to be getting an A... a B would be nice though...
    Lol you never know. But yeah it does suck. Oh well, I'll just do what I can, it will take quite a bit of pressure off my June exams though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by santeria)
    Fair enough. But I maintain that I don't want a guy to come up to me in a club. I don't think its really the kind of environment where you can get to know someone.
    well i'm glad your not a promiscious girl, hats off.

ReputationRep:
    You'll do or your ugly but you intrigue me are always good conversation starters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticMaster)
    You'll do or your ugly but you intrigue me are always good conversation starters.
    I've heard, "Can I read your t-shirt in brail?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    open wit somethin interestin. like opinion openers to get them talking or if you're confident enough you can open with anything to be honest. make yourself interestin and keep em hooked.talk to all her friends so that it doesn't looks so obvious that you're targeting her.make everyone she's with feel comfortable with you. Lastly, don't go into conversation thinking you're chatting her up, just think you are having a stimulating conversation and see where it goes. Do not buy a drink, it makes her seem as a prize and you are putting her on a pedestal, which makes the girl seem like you are easy and she would feel that she's above you.
    So
    a)make yourself the prize rather than her , so she chases you.
    b)don't compliment her looks, make yourself different
    c)don't buy her a drink
    d) Do show that you're unique
    e)Don't act needy, creepy or try and seek approval through bragging. Another turn off
    Just show that you're not intimidated by her, or her looks and be a man!
    You forgot; wear goggles and a skull cap, do ****** magic tricks and talk like a homosexual.

ReputationRep:
    a)make yourself the prize rather than her , so she chases you.
    b)don't compliment her looks, make yourself different
    c)don't buy her a drink
    d) Do show that you're unique
    e)Don't act needy, creepy or try and seek approval through bragging. Another turn off
    Just show that you're not intimidated by her, or her looks and be a man!
    Someones been reading social dynamics, game theory.

http://www.realsocialdynamics.com/g/home.asp

ReputationRep:
    I've never really been interested in pulling in clubs, but if a guy were to approach me I would like him to just be friendly and talk about general chit chat. Nothing too intense. Then if I were to take interest, perhaps by me a drink to show hes keen. I think the general rule would be not to come on too strong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adriana Ambrosio)

yeah but its true, you can deny this if you want but unless they are complete b***es that have wussy boyfriends to feed their egos, girls want men that dont act creepy, needy, lick their arse and can stand on their own two feet as well as something different.
    Deny it all you want, but what I'm saying is true.
    I'm not saying looks don't matter at all and I'm not saying that all girls will be interested in you, i'm saying that by and large, girls find the traits i mentioned attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    You forgot; wear goggles and a skull cap, do ****** magic tricks and talk like a homosexual.
    OK take it overboard.
    All I'm saying is girls want men who are challenging, and who don't put them on a pedestal.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but its true, you can deny this if you want but unless they are complete b***es that have wussy boyfriends to feed their egos, girls want men that dont act creepy, needy, lick their arse and can stand on their own two feet as well as something different.
    Deny it all you want, but what I'm saying is true.
    I'm not saying looks don't matter at all and I'm not saying that all girls will be interested in you, i'm saying that by and large, girls find the traits i mentioned attractive.
    Most of that is pretty obvious. My only real problem with it is that it's conceived on the notion that all women are identical, wheres the natural spontaneity amongst the list of rules? but if it helps men in approaching women thats fine.

Done the course yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Most of that is pretty obvious. My only real problem with it is that it's conceived on the notion that all women are identical, wheres the natural spontaneity amongst the list of rules? but if it helps men in approaching women thats fine.

Done the course yourself?
    no but i watched that show on vh1, read a lil more about it and there's somethings that i dislike about it (pick up)
    a) how women are just rated on looks
    b)planned conversation
    c)lay reports where people boast about how they got some fresh pussy
    apart from that things like 3 second rule,peacocking,opinion openers, making her work for compliments seem pretty reasonable to me. some stuff i already knew, it just opens your mind more reading about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Come to a drum and bass club. I promise you, people are there to rave, rather than pull!
    I am going to a drum and bass club...

ReputationRep:
    I've heard, "Can I read your t-shirt in brail?"
    Interesting I might have to try that when me and my mates have our bad one liners competition lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well whenever I do my one man vienese waltz, girls seems to totally dig me.

ReputationRep:

Unfortunately for them, the loud music in clubs renders 95% of that theory totally useless. Even then, said person could potentially be chatting up a girl with a boyfriend nearby (yeah I almost did this the other night after the club I was in closed, before the guy told me it was their relationship anniversary). Not a good idea, probably not the worst I'd seen all night though - had some girl that looked around 25-28 trying to chat me up for her friend at around 4 am while I was pissed and my friends had all gone home..... that was scary lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    I agree with a less blunt version of this. The post before this should have a "only applicable if you aren't attractive" tag.

just because its true!

ReputationRep:
    I would like to be reeled in on a fishing line of dance, but it never happens.

ReputationRep:
    All it boils down to is if you're hot or not. Whether you're weird leary guy or hot pull material only depends on the looks when in reality the approaches are identical. Sad but true.

ReputationRep:
    i agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doozboy)
    compliments??? chat up lines???
    Neither! Both are kinda cringey, and maybe creepy (depending on the person/what's said)

Just start a conversation - even if it's literally just, "hey, how are you?" she'll know you're interested just from the situation (ie, you don't exactly go clubbing to meet new friends, do you?), etc. Best if she's waiting at the bar to get a drink or something, I think.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.