Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

people who run upto their friends and hug them, even if they only saw them yesterday...
    people who compliment people excessively..
    if one of their friends does something stupid or says something stupid, rather than take the piss outta them, they are like 'aww thats so sweet'
    ..people who never pesimistic or worry about the potential things that could go wrong

their probably not fake, its probably just me who is pessimistic or cynical of people! what do youthink?
    they can annoy me, when they joke about childish things rather than puts down as they are mean lol..or if someone is acting like a tit and they think their funny or random

I duno if they are fake but i think they just take life as it comes and are more 'happy go lucky' in nature

ReputationRep:
    Who knows? They certainly annoy the hell out of me though, there is no way that anyone sane can be that upbeat and happy without some serious chemical stimulation...

ReputationRep:
    They're probably not fake, but they piss me off.

ReputationRep:
    i think some people can be genuinely cheery/optimistic.. whilst others are just OTT and just get you thinking 'are you for real?!'

I am. At college and around most people I act happy, cheery and optimisitic but it isn't real.

ReputationRep:
    I think people who are just like you described are a little fake, yeah. I mean there's being naturally nice, and there's really really trying to be nice, niether of which are bad but the latter always seems a little forced.

ReputationRep:
    they cud be fake. it might be their way of coping with life by always seeming happy

ReputationRep:
    I don't see what's wrong with complimenting people I think I compliment people a lot, but that's because I don't see why I shouldn't. If I think someone looks nice or whatever then I will say it. Also a compliment can really cheer someone up and give people a confidence boost, I know it does when people give them to me. Girls seem really funny about this sort of thing I noticed especially at my old school (which was an all girl's school)...people never really seemed to compliment each other much really!

Though when people are excessive and use it to suck up to people you can tell they aren't being genuine so they don't mean anything anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh, theres happy/confident/optimistic then theres over the top yorkshire terrier types.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're jealous

Part of behaviour is faking it. I mean, if you completely satisfied your desires, you wouldn't get out of bed in the morning, you wouldn't talk to people, you certainly wouldn't work. You put the effort in to do things because you know its worth it. These people have just got the hang of that and good for them. Of course, there are some people who are actually being fake and might hate the other person when complimenting etc, but I think it'd be cynical to think most people who are like you described are like this.

ReputationRep:
    No, they're cheerful.

ReputationRep:
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone like that but then when one little bad thing goes wrong or I get stressed (which happens alot) then they'll turn the same as me and be in a pissy mood with me for about 20 minutes then go "ZOMG I'M SORRY!" and try and hug me or something.

Pisses me off to no end.

ReputationRep:
    Some of them are but I don't think all cheerful people are. Although I can think of people who put a cheerful front on to hide their real feelings...

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes fake, me thinks!

ReputationRep:
    No, I have a few friends who genuinely are this happy.
    It's great and it means they have a happy aura around them which brightens the mood generally.

Some are fakes though, and they're trying to hide stuff. Don't tarnish all cheerful people with the same brush though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    people who run upto their friends and hug them, even if they only saw them yesterday...
    people who compliment people excessively..
    if one of their friends does something stupid or says something stupid, rather than take the piss outta them, they are like 'aww thats so sweet'
    ..people who never pesimistic or worry about the potential things that could go wrong

their probably not fake, its probably just me who is pessimistic or cynical of people! what do youthink?
    they can annoy me, when they joke about childish things rather than puts down as they are mean lol..or if someone is acting like a tit and they think their funny or random
    Its better to be cheery then depressed.
    Im always happy to see friends even if i only saw em yesterday!

Also:
    SO the hell what if they are faking it and trying not to bring people down with depressiveness? I'd sooner be in a group of fake cheery people then a group of insanely feel sorry for themselves depressed people .

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what goes through their heads when they decide to be that fking annoying.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.