Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm hoping to study Law at Durham but just wondering if I find myself in the position of not getting the A Level results needed, and having to call up the university, do I contact the undergraduate admissions or the college I have applied to ?

ReputationRep:
    Undergrad admissions in your department. Colleges have nothing to do with teaching of subjects, they just decide where you drink and what colleges you 'hate'!

ReputationRep:
    Your school should provide you with the number or. It was so long ago. I think there's a central number and you're transferred but I may be wrong.

But, if it's law, I'm sorry but I really don't fancy your chances. With pretty much any course at Durham, at least established courses, they're unlikely to budge. If you have mitigating circumstances it may strengthen your case (but, even with those my situation was a bit of a nightmare). I don't mean to discourage you, hopefully you'll be fine and meet your offer. If you don't then certainly try and you never know

ReputationRep:
    You can contact your College or your Department. It's the department that makes the decision about your entry to the University but both will know what the decision is by the time you get your results and the chances are the decision will be available to you on UCAS straight away without you having to ring anyone. If you do have mitigating circumstances, you should communicate these to the University now if you haven't already - don't wait for next week.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question, sorry to go off topic a bit... :o:

How long does Durham take to update ucas? I know it probably varies year by year but just thought I'd ask. Does it update continually through the day, or by 7 in the morning will I be able to find out my fate even before I get my results? I know ucas doesn't update for some people until late in the day...but is that the case for Durham as well?

This question has probably been done to death, so sorry for making somebody answer it for the 1000th time. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrGumby)
    Just a quick question, sorry to go off topic a bit... :o:

How long does Durham take to update ucas? I know it probably varies year by year but just thought I'd ask. Does it update continually through the day, or by 7 in the morning will I be able to find out my fate even before I get my results? I know ucas doesn't update for some people until late in the day...but is that the case for Durham as well?

This question has probably been done to death, so sorry for making somebody answer it for the 1000th time. :p:
    It updates continually throughout the day. Some people will have their decisions up as soon as UCAS opens up again, whilst others have been known to wait for a day or two before it updates. If you've met your offer however, then you should know that you're in or not anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooner)
    It updates continually throughout the day. Some people will have their decisions up as soon as UCAS opens up again, whilst others have been known to wait for a day or two before it updates. If you've met your offer however, then you should know that you're in or not anyway
    Ah Thanks. I'm hoping to check UCAS before going into school, but I'll just have to see how things go.

:afraid:

ReputationRep:
    my hands have started sweating just reading this thread :sad:

hope everyone gets in, best of luck to you OP

and yep, the admissions department

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I know that if I don't meet the requirements I have very little chance, but I just wanted to see who to speak to in case I need to plead for my place. Thank you all again !

ReputationRep:
    TBH it's probably worth speaking to the college as well if you have mitcircs...just because while they can't exactly overrule any departmental decisions, at least you'll have someone on side.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.