Turn on thread page Beta

Results Day 20th August: Worst Case Scenario watch

ReputationRep:
    ^^

What would be your worst case Scenario on results day?

I think mine would be that I would miss my firm offer by like a couple of UMS! would be frustrated! :o:

ReputationRep:
    Haha i had mine missed my med offer by the equivilant of 3marks really sucked.

ReputationRep:
    UUU. compleatly fail. dont get into uni. cry. fell like killing myself. cry some more.

but other than that everything should be fine. =)

ReputationRep:
    My worst nightmare (at the time) would have been to miss my grades cos my firm and insurance were the same, so I would have had to go into clearing. But looking back, having to take a year out/retake would have probably been the best thing to happen!

ReputationRep:
    Well worst case scenario would obviously be UUUUU, but as it stands, I'll be upset if I get any Bs, as it'll mean that I probably can't apply to Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    get less than AABB for AS exams

ReputationRep:
    My friend's sister had a firm offer from Oxford (AAA obviously) and St. Andrews at AAB, but unfortunately got AAC on results day, missing that last B by 10 UMS. After a priority remark, she gained 6 UMS but was still 4 tiny points away from a B, but they had enough students so they didn't take her.

A very popular, intelligent pupil who was virtually guaranteed to get AAA messed up one exam and had to go into clearing. What made it worse was that she got very high As in the other two subjects and could have made up those 4 UMS easily another way if they had let her.

That is my worst case scenario for next year, this year I'm only collecting AS marks.

ReputationRep:
    Well obv UUUu, but in reality I think it would be BCEd, all one grade lower than my own predictions based on how the exams went (ABDc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    My friend's sister had a firm offer from Oxford (AAA obviously) and St. Andrews at AAB and got AAC, missing that last B by 10 UMS. After a priority remark, she gained 6 UMS but was still 4 tiny points away from a B, and they had enough students so they didn't take her.

A popular, intelligent pupil very likely to get AAA messed up one exam and had to go into clearing.

That is my worst case scenario next year, this year I'm only collecting AS marks.
    where did she end up going then?

ReputationRep:
    I don't get 100% in every module....:eek:

Though i'd come on TSR, and like every other douchebag, i'd say i did

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    anything below a C i will be absolutly gutted with
    thats an absolute worst case senario

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    My friend's sister had a firm offer from Oxford (AAA obviously) and St. Andrews at AAB, but unfortunately got AAC on results day, missing that last B by 10 UMS. After a priority remark, she gained 6 UMS but was still 4 tiny points away from a B, but they had enough students so they didn't take her.

A very popular, intelligent pupil who was virtually guaranteed to get AAA messed up one exam and had to go into clearing. What made it worse was that she got very high As in the other two subjects and could have made up those 4 UMS easily another way if they had let her.

That is my worst case scenario for next year, this year I'm only collecting AS marks.
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG if that happened to me, I think I will cry. I'm afraid of that happening with Chemistry :'(

ReputationRep:
    Worst is missing both my offers clearly.. To be honest I'll be gutted if anything happens that results in me missing my firm.. Which means getting a B in anything, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    well aren't we the bunch of optimists!

well i think it'd be worst to just narrowly miss my offer, like by a few ums... :eek: so close, but so farrrr

ReputationRep:
    Worst case scenario would actually be a good thing for me I think.

If I miss my offer I'm going to cycle round Europe for a few months. And retake in january which is nothing I'd be ashamed of, If I don't miss my offer it's still good.

So win win for me

ReputationRep:
    This thread has been re-done more times than an A2 Maths module. :sigh:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Worst is obviously failing completely.

Worst emotionally would probably, ironically, be if I got AAA but only if my maths had to be 'maths and mechanics' or '... and decision' because my Durham offer is for maths and stats and although its the same modules I'm terrified they'll be really picky and have over-offered so try not to let me in for that :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    where did she end up going then?
    She ended up going to York which isn't bad at all, but everybody expected to see her at Oxford. Tbh, it's literally the worst way to miss both your firm and insurance, due to only one exam and a stingy remarking examiner!

ReputationRep:
    Mine would just be missing my firm offer, whether by a few marks or not. I don't want to go to my insurance and have my heart set on my firm. Will be gutted if i don't get in.

ReputationRep:
    Two worst case scenarios:

Scenario #1. I miss my firm offer by 1 UMS in History. End up with AAAB and having to go to a uni I don't really want to do a course that I'm really not at all fond of. If I miss it by a lot it won't be as frustrating (e.g. if I get AABB. I would be absolutely ******* gutted though, but anyway this is scenario 1.)

Scenario #2. MUCH WORSE. I miss my firm and insurance offers, with ABBB, or AACC or something like that. This is highly unlikely to happen, I have to say, but if it did I would probably kill myself, or at the very least have some form of nervous breakdown, and that is no joke.

Actually if Scenario #1 happened I would probably get really depressed as well.

Anything lower than AACC (which is the least I have to get to miss my insurance offer, which is AAB from any 3 A2s) doesn't make much of a difference to me. To all intents and purposes AACC to me may as well be UUUU.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.