Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    If you die in car crash on your way to school/college and getting your desired results.
    that actually happened to a kid getting her GCSEs last year. Not a car crash though, a wall blew up and collapsed or something like that while she was walking past. Now that's a ******* worst case scenario combined with ridiculous bad luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    that actually happened to a kid getting her GCSEs last year. Not a car crash though, a wall blew up and collapsed or something like that while she was walking past. Now that's a ******* worst case scenario combined with ridiculous bad luck
    I remember reading that on the news last year. That is such a shame.

ReputationRep:
    Not making it to either of my unis - I would have a serious nervous breakdown. I just really want it to be over and done with.

ReputationRep:
    not getting into leeds. or my second choice reading. i would hate going through clearing.
    also if i dont get a A in history i'll be so pissed off cos i've worked so hard for it!

ReputationRep:
    Worst possible case I can see is BCD (AS) E (A2). I'd like to hope that's not going to happen though.

ReputationRep:
    I know I have a B in ICT, have a Merit in Forensics and got a C in As History so I have enough points to get on the course I want to do Even if I failed all my other results I already got in anyhow, don't see why people worry so much =P

ReputationRep:
    worst case scenario - getting a C in chemistry and D in physics.

ReputationRep:
    Missing out on Birmz, I'd happily go to either my firm or insurance - but going to my insurance means missing out on what promises to be a bad ass gap year.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    probably you getting something bad you didn't expected and every other person doing really well then sort of, seeing your results then cringing lol.

ReputationRep:
    If I get BBBa (or any combination with no A's at all) I will be most displeased.

ATM I'm thinking I'm gonna get ABBa (which I still don't feel happy about).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    If I get BBBa (or any combination with no A's at all) I will be most displeased.

ATM I'm thinking I'm gonna get ABBa (which I still don't feel happy about).
    I agree with you, getting B's sucks if you were predicted and expect A's. Last year I missed getting an A in Biology by one UMS mark :mad2:
    I just hope it won't happen again :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I agree with you, getting B's sucks if you were predicted and expect A's. Last year I missed getting an A in Biology by one UMS mark
    I just hope it won't happen again
    I love your username :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toxik_apple)
    I love your username :love:
    Thanks :blush: Its a bit long though, more appropriate for a motto :p:

Yours isn't bad either

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you, getting B's sucks if you were predicted and expect A's. Last year I missed getting an A in Biology by one UMS mark :mad2:
    I just hope it won't happen again :p:
    Gah! Same. At AS first time round I missed an A in physics my 1 UMS, missed an A in bio by 5 UMS and missed an A in chem by 10 UMS. I was very frustrated for the rest of the summer :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Something i wrote before but noone replied lol, plz help
    In the past day or two, its dawned on me that my as level results will be coming in 13 days - i am sooooooo scared; i know i didn't do that well and will probs get 2 A's and 2B's but I KNOW all my friends will get all A's - they are super clever and came out of every exam looking like they'd slept with a coat hanger in thier mouths - realllly happy and celebrating. Lets just say, i looked a little different. Anyway, i've always wanted to apply to cambridge, newnham for Law and have a strong feeling that i won't be able to do this anymore
    What i'm saying is, how do i react when my friends get stunning grades and i'm left with crappy grades
    Also, how do i cope with bad grades and not being able to get to cambridge - a place i have researched, dreamed of - even made posters of
    Lol basically how do i stop myself from completely freaking out on the 20th and getting too jealous of my friends' success - trust me this scenario is guaranteed
    Thanx xxx

ReputationRep:
    Gah! Same. At AS first time round I missed an A in physics my 1 UMS, missed an A in bio by 5 UMS and missed an A in chem by 10 UMS. I was very frustrated for the rest of the summer :mad:
    The worst thing is I ordered the paper back and found plenty of missed marking points but then it was too late to send it back.
    Did you re-mark yours? All the best for future results, btw

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Its a bit long though, more appropriate for a motto

Yours isn't bad either
    AutVinceriAutMori... that is the question :p: reminds me of results day actually.

(Original post by RevisingHard)
    Something i wrote before but noone replied lol, plz help
    In the past day or two, its dawned on me that my as level results will be coming in 13 days - i am sooooooo scared; i know i didn't do that well and will probs get 2 A's and 2B's but I KNOW all my friends will get all A's - they are super clever and came out of every exam looking like they'd slept with a coat hanger in thier mouths - realllly happy and celebrating. Lets just say, i looked a little different. Anyway, i've always wanted to apply to cambridge, newnham for Law and have a strong feeling that i won't be able to do this anymore
    What i'm saying is, how do i react when my friends get stunning grades and i'm left with crappy grades
    Also, how do i cope with bad grades and not being able to get to cambridge - a place i have researched, dreamed of - even made posters of
    Lol basically how do i stop myself from completely freaking out on the 20th and getting too jealous of my friends' success - trust me this scenario is guaranteed
    Thanx xxx
    Well, I'm not going to say "Don't worry, AABB is still pretty goddam good" because of course you wanted AAAA. I too have posters in my room, of Bangor, a league away from Cambridge but nevertheless.... I realise your dream, for I too have had similar dreams however have had to settle for reality. Now I'm not saying it couldn't have been reality for you, for I'm very sure it could.
    With those grades you can still try and apply, with an outstanding PS they'll understand (however they haven't been known for such!), either that or apply to places like KCL, St Andrews etc.
    The sooner you settle for reality, and accept it, the sooner you shall be happy
    I'm not just saying this, it's from personal experience.

HOWEVER!!! You do not know yet for sure what grades you achieved....I know you have strong doubts, but hope for the best, and expect the worst.

As to peer pressure, if they got glistening grades (AAAA, and btw, AABB for many is still :woo:) ignore it. They're their grades, not yours, yours are the ones that count. Yes they can apply to Cambridge, however getting in is another factor! Only about 10% of applicants actually achieve a place.

Make the most of what you have. Cambridge is, yes, a brilliant university, the best, however there are still many many very good unis in the top 20 which require far less than what you're dreading to achieve.

Don't worry (sounds silly to say), you're dream has not yet been vanquished. If need be conjur up another dream!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    The worst thing is I ordered the paper back and found plenty of missed marking points but then it was too late to send it back.
    Did you re-mark yours? All the best for future results, btw
    No I didn't, I just retook a module from each subject and nailed em . And thanks, you too :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toxik_apple)
    AutVinceriAutMori... that is the question :p: reminds me of results day actually.
    :rofl: It was designed to remind me of results day and A-Level grades. I basically adopted it after me and my friend decided to work hard for our grades and she said "Do or die" :p:

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't, I just retook a module from each subject and nailed em . And thanks, you too :top:
    I wanted to re-take, but the thought of another Transport exam and another practical exam had me throwing up :p: I hate biology practicals, they never go right :p: :mad:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.