Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Doing irrevocable damage to my chances of ever getting accepted to a good university.
    So basically anything lower than BBB. Oxbridge is out the window, as if I'm going to get AAA.
    This thread making me scared... Let's be cheerful, guys!

Que sera, sera. Things always work out somehow.

That's what I'm trying to tell myself anyway, ha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I wanted to re-take, but the thought of another Transport exam and another practical exam had me throwing up :p: I hate biology practicals, they never go right :p: :mad:
    I'd take a biology practical in place of a chemistry one any day. I'm so glad I won't be doing anymore titrations :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    I'd take a biology practical in place of a chemistry one any day. I'm so glad I won't be doing anymore titrations :proud:
    I prefer titrations They seem to go right for me, last year my titre value was almost identical to the supervisers
    But worryingly, I've just remembered not ticking the value I used this year, which will definitely cost me 2 marks. The closer it gets to Judgement day, the more I remember about little mistakes that I have made

ReputationRep:
    ---
    OT but its just the first part of your sig- Fight Club inspired? :p:

I'd rather do a chemistry practical over a biology practical any day. Thats only because my biology teacher always stands behind me for ages and its so unnerving! o.o

ReputationRep:
    I prefer titrations They seem to go right for me, last year my titre value was almost identical to the supervisers
    But worryingly, I've just remembered not ticking the value I used this year, which will definitely cost me 2 marks. The closer it gets to Judgement day, the more I remember about little mistakes that I have made
    Haha, I start thinking of mistakes as soon as I leave the exam hall and I start crapping myself as to how many I've made :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighSkies)
    OT but its just the first part of your sig- Fight Club inspired? :p:

I'd rather do a chemistry practical over a biology practical any day. Thats only because my biology teacher always stands behind me for ages and its so unnerving! o.o
    It sure is :yep:, awesome movie!

I was lucky enough to have really good biology teachers so I was fine with those practicals. My chem teacher was good too but way stricter when it came round to practicals and very pedantic, so it was harder to please him lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.sarwar7)
    get less than AABB for AS exams
    Yeah same here.

I know its silly cos I'm in Y12 but my GCSE's weren't the best. The 'Rah' gang in my 6th form are always offered the oppurtunities to go on the trips and see things and get the exclusive experiences because they stand-out more with their GCSE grades and their reputation. But I really wanted to kick them in the teeth by pulling it off and stealing the day. Sounds like a really soppy thing but it would mean quite a bit.

I'll still have my friends and fmaily though, no matter what the outcome is!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I start thinking of mistakes as soon as I leave the exam hall and I start crapping myself as to how many I've made :eek3:
    I was exhausted by the time I left it- 3.5 hours of exams stripped me of ability to fret until the day afterr

ReputationRep:
    I was exhausted by the time I left it- 3.5 hours of exams stripped me of ability to fret until the day afterr
    We'll see how everyone did in 12 days now!!

Less than 300 hours now :yep:

ReputationRep:
    We'll see how everyone did in 12 days now!!

Less than 300 hours now :yep:
    The time is ticking, the hours are clicking Remember to share your results- if I get needed grades I will shout from rooftops and get wasted(hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    The time is ticking, the hours are clicking Remember to share your results- if I get needed grades I will shout from rooftops and get wasted(hopefully)
    Lol, ofcourse I'm gonna share mine, I'm about the only one of my friends who's looking forward to results day :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, ofcourse I'm gonna share mine, I'm about the only one of my friends who's looking forward to results day :p:
    Sorted

ReputationRep:
    Missing my offer and not even achieving the minimum grades required to reapply for Medicine.

I am actually terrified.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I start thinking of mistakes as soon as I leave the exam hall and I start crapping myself as to how many I've made

:ditto: This is so me! Panic attacks all the way!

I actually quite like practicals, I'm better at them than anything else, plus it's always my results and my "concoctions" that get shown to the class :cool:

Did you have to make ethyl ethanoate? That was fun!

ReputationRep:
    I really really want all As at AS. Partly because then I'll be able to do 4 A2s next year which would be nice, for several reasons, partly because then I can concentrate on my A2 exams without having to worry about AS resits or anything, partly because I'll be in a stronger position application wise, and partly because I like to think I'm capable of it.

AABB or below would really upset me. Partly because I know I should be able to get As in at least History, English Lit and RS, and possibly in German, though I think a B is fairly likely there (In my mock and all the practise papers I did I was between 1 and 3 marks off an A, that's likely to happen in the real thing, like it did at GCSE, being 4 marks off an A*)

It's also because while I have a wide range of choices for uni, the two that are currently my favourites are Durham and Edinburgh, for which I need AAA predictions. My school often won't predict you above what you got at AS - so I'd only have AAB.

I'm not getting my hopes up for high grades though, and I think AABB or less might happen. I'm prepared for it, I'll just be incredibly disappointed, as I know I'm capable of more.

I hate AS. Stupid system. It'd suit me much better under the old system with exams at the end of the second year.

ReputationRep:
    I think ABB is the absolute worst I can do (I hope it is :eek:), but I'm going to be gutted if I don't get AAA. I'm not giving myself a great chance of coming home happy on the 20th am I?

ReputationRep:
    Anything other than AAAA :O....though AAAB wouldn't be awful.

ReputationRep:
    Uuue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toxik_apple)
    :ditto: This is so me! Panic attacks all the way!

I actually quite like practicals, I'm better at them than anything else, plus it's always my results and my "concoctions" that get shown to the class :cool:

Did you have to make ethyl ethanoate? That was fun!
    Don't think we ever did that one. However we did do an interesting one in which we had to do thermal cracking of butane. I ended up destroying 2 sets of equipment in that practical. The technicians weren't best pleased lol :proud:

ReputationRep:
    My worst worst case would be ABCD. I would love AABB or above... would actually be over the moon!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.