Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey all lovely people on TSR,

I always seem to lose my confidence when im speaking to girls the same age as me (except when im wasted) its starting to get on my nerves now cos i can't seem to find anybody for a decent relationship. Mostly i just get attention at clubs or parties, i consider myself good looking, have a decent taste in music, not a plank, gsoh and generally a well mannered guy so where am i going wrong?? How did you meet your bf or gf? were you all really sober??

any comments would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Friend of a friend.

Being wasted isn't attractive.
    Being confident, generally, is.

edit - define "decent taste in music". Very subjective.

ReputationRep:
    Just wait it out try societys if your at uni or join a hobby/sport club. I meet my ex on a plane lol its just one of those things that you cant predict. Ive been single nearly a year now and cant seem to find anyone else

ReputationRep:
    Don't chat to somebody with the intention of getting into a relationship. When talking to a girl, just take it for what it is; a chat. Be yourself, don't think too much about what you're saying - just let the conversation go wherever it's gonna go.

ReputationRep:
    lucky you, they're nufin but trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cconstant)
    lucky you, they're nufin but trouble.
    haha.. good one m8..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey all lovely people on TSR,

I always seem to lose my confidence when im speaking to girls the same age as me (except when im wasted) its starting to get on my nerves now cos i can't seem to find anybody for a decent relationship. Mostly i just get attention at clubs or parties, i consider myself good looking, have a decent taste in music, not a plank, gsoh and generally a well mannered guy so where am i going wrong?? How did you meet your bf or gf? were you all really sober??

any comments would be appreciated
    Well, it may seem on the surface that I am the last peron to ask, since I've never had a gf, but I think if you hunt for a gf, then you will probably not end up with one. You need to get to know people first before rushing into anything with them.

ReputationRep:
    You need to just be yourself, and don't when speaking to someone of the opposite sex panic about what they will think of you, just keep the conversation light and believe you are confident. They are not to know inside you are anxious about talking to them, it's all about first impressions if you look confident it will help.

ReputationRep:
    try your local park, thats where i met my last bf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Well, it may seem on the surface that I am the last peron to ask, since I've never had a gf, but I think if you hunt for a gf, then you will probably not end up with one. You need to get to know people first before rushing into anything with them.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb492)
    try your local park, thats where i met my last bf
    How, he just approached you and said hey, heres my number or? I think meeting a tthe park is a whole load of BS..

ReputationRep:
    First one at a friends birthday party.
    Second one was friend of a friend, arranged to meet them for coffee.
    Third one was in my year at sixth form.
    Fourth one was best friends with one of my flat mates at uni.

Can't really suggest anything? Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLincoln)
    First one at a friends birthday party.
    Second one was friend of a friend, arranged to meet them for coffee.
    Third one was in my year at sixth form.
    Fourth one was best friends with one of my flat mates at uni.

Can't really suggest anything? Haha.

First One - Was the best friend of my best friends, other best friend and first time we spoke I was rude and we hated each other.
    Second One - Pinched my ass in a club when I walked past

Basiclly, sometimes these things happen in the randomest ways. Be yourself, you'd be surprised sometimes how well that works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Footballfiend08)
    Basiclly, sometimes these things happen in the randomest ways. Be yourself, you'd be surprised sometimes how well that works.
    Like this person has previously mentioned, don't force it to happen bro since it's natural and random:yes: Let it come to you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.